*MY OPINION* WHY LOSING LIV FLAHERTY IN EMMERDALE IS A HUGE LOSS FOR THE SHOW

Upon hearing the news that Isobel Steele was possibly leaving Emmerdale via metro during their 50th anniversary (I started to write this blog post, but only now do I feel it's time to share).
I am in shock even though deep down, I knew one day that it would happen, I wasn't expecting it during the 50th, however, during Wednesday 19th October's episode, us viewers saw Liv Dingle die in some incredibly emotionally touching scenes.

Everyone who knows me way before I started writing about Emmerdale through this blog how much I loved Liv Flaherty right from the very first moment she joined the show, thanks to the insanely talented, Isobel Steele who came into the show as a young actress, and Isobel is also a brilliant musician.

Throughout her years on the Yorkshire based soap, Liv has been through so much from discovering about her half-brother, Aaron Livesy (who later officially become a Dingle) where she went on to learn about what her father, Gordon did to Aaron with his abuse, to the courtyard scenes in the trial to Liv standing by her brother's side, her asexuality which led to soap history being made in a touching scene with her brother, Aaron, to her alcoholism, her epilepsy diagnosis, being wrongly framed for Ben Tucker's murder that saw Aaron not believe her and leave the village, and finally to her relationship and now marriage with Vinny Dingle with the fantastic friendship between Isobel and Bradley Johnston being at the forefront allowing for some beautiful scenes to be shown.

Some of my favourite episodes of Isobel's time as Liv are; her first scene where she came and stole Robert Sugden's wallet leading to the moment that it was revealed that she was Aaron's half-sister, her arrival into the village, seeing her relationship with her half-brother develop there is something so special about the way that Isobel and Danny Miller work together which makes for some special scenes with many special scenes between the duo of characters being during the Robron era of the show that for me offered us some of the best scenes between Isobel, Danny and of course, Ryan Hawley.

However, over the past 18 months, I have to admit it's been her relationship with Vinny Dingle which has allowed many of us viewers go on a journey with the characters especially during the wedding episode making them one of the most loved Emmerdale pairings. Isobel and Bradley have been fantastic - the way they just work together has been brilliant to watch.
I have to give a special mention to the asexuality storyline because it's been one of those storylines that have been delivered with such honesty that some viewers have been able to see within themselves.

Isobel's final scene in Wednesday 19th October episode as Liv had me an emotional wreck and looking from the state of my twitter, it made many of you all too! Isobel absolutely smashes the emotional scenes this is something I am going to miss a lot, and I have a feeling the tears were real from both Isobel and Bradley in that final scene, my break just broke for Vinny. There was something about watching Thursday 20th's in The Mill that got to me as it is the end of the Roblivion era (I know a lot of my friends that I have met through the show over the past 6 years especially have said this too!) The Mill isn't the same, and never will be!

For her role as Liv, Isobel has got on to win 3 awards; Best Newcomer in 2016 at The Inside Soap Awards, and 2 in 2018 - Best Young Actor at British Soap Awards which for me was a proud moment being in the audience that evening and witnessing such a special moment alongside with Best Young Actor at The Inside Soap Awards.

This is without all the well- deserved nominations since 2016 in the various award shows including her current one for Best Partnership with Bradley Johnson at The Inside Soap Awards.
I really hope that Isobel is recognised for these scenes.

I want to take the time to wish Isobel, good luck for the future and I can't wait to see you shine in your next adventure within your music career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY