ALBUM REVIEW - LAINEY WILSON - BELL BOTTOM COUNTRY

Today (Friday 28th October) will see US singer-songwriter, Lainey Wilson release her brand new album, Bell Bottom Country.
Bell Bottom Country features 14 songs - 13 were co-written by Lainey with the final track being written by Linda Perry.

Photo Credit: Alyssa Gafkjen

Hillbilly Hippie starts with an upbeat instrumental with a very 90's country feel that opens this album from Lainey very well. The old school country vibes with the Shaina Twain twang that I adore with the family relatable lyrics. The chorus is extremely catchy with all the quirkiness that mixed with the upbeat tempo is a great mix and something that gives off those party vibes as I caught myself dancing in between. All Hillbilly Hippie's verses link together fantastically as it reminds me of the older Lainey Wilson music that made me become a fan of hers in the first place. Lainey's softer key in the bridge was stunning.

Road Runner has a quirky cowboy kind of feel. The first verse sees her crisp soft vocal tone allows for the lyrics to shine through with a sentimental feel. The chorus has a high tempo with catchy, pure and honest lyrics Road Runner is the perfect country opener as it will get the audience up and ready for a fantastic evening. The second verse is beautiful complimenting the first verse with it being one that I caught myself listening to more carefully due to the energy. With the mix of vocal ranges and tones making it perfect throughout showing that Lainey definitely knows her own style, and staying true to herself!

Watermelon Moonshine starts with a funky guitar instrumental which I think opens the song up wonderfully. The first verse sees Lainey's crisp vocal at the forefront with a very nostalgic feel coming through thanks to it's many lyrics full of honesty in a very Lainey kind of way. The chorus has lyrics sees Lainey soft tone be shown that you can hear has written for herself with a personal meaning. The second verse of Watermelon Moonshine continues with even more honesty, and a very Lainey kind of feel which I very much appreciated. The chorus is the perfect blend bringing the song together wonderfully. I have nothing but praise for this song, I love it! Lainey gets better with every single song.

Grease has a fiery, upbeat quirky alongside a crisp and very Lainey Wilson style of sass which is wonderful for the song. The catchy lyrics are brilliant throughout and ones I think that many listeners will be able to relate too/ like them. I have to admit it took me a little while to full get them, but once I did I enjoyed them. The second verse is my favourite with the more honest lyrics which offers a lot of flavour. With the electric guitar ahead of the final chorus making it even more special.

Weak-End starts with a soft, warm guitar which supports the song brilliantly throughout. The soft vocal tone from Lainey allowed me to learn extremely closely and at times I caught myself being able to relate with especially thanks to Lainey's song-writing ability. The chorus is gorgeous and super beautiful to hear with a lot of meaning. With the different point of views being shared was fantastic to hear due to the fact that it links the verses together beautifully. Lainey's vocal delivery is stunning throughout with a sentimental feel at the end.

Me, You, and Jesus has a crisp, yet upbeat instrumental. The first verse is of a crisp vocal tone that many I have no doubt will be able to relate with. However, the most powerful part of the song is the chorus and its heartfelt lyrics. I am full of praise for this part of the song bringing together perfectly. The second verse continues beautifully emotional which shows how personal the song is to Lainey through her passionate. Being ourselves is key - don't pretend to be someone you aren't! The more, I hear the chorus the more appreciation I have for the chorus especially over the emotion that the song allows me to dug up. Remember you are stronger than you give yourself/ ourselves credit for.

Hold My Halo is the prefect song for a getting ready for a night out. Hold My Halo starts with a country sounding guitar instrumental that I love hearing with thanks to the honesty within the songwriting plus the party vibes that are given off. The chorus is gorgeous and one that I caught myself wanting to sing along to despite not knowing the words, very old school country vibes. The second verse sees Lainey's fabulous story-telling at the forefront due to the fun, sassy perfect break up. The chorus brings Hold My Halo together so perfectly linking the verses to chorus is such a stunning way. Finally, the bridge is greatly timed. Hold My Halo is a fantastic song.

Heart Like A Truck has a soft crisp instrumental setting the song up wonderfully from the very first moment Lainey starts singing. The first verse sees Lainey's crisp tone at the forefront allowing for the songs message to come across is a beautiful way. The personal and meaning lyrics are something that draw me in as a listener right from the very first moment, I heard such relatable lyrics. The way Lainey wears her heart on her sleeve is a brilliant quality. The chorus is off a much softer tone giving Laine another moment in the song to shine through. There is something so special about Lainey, and what she delivers within every song. The lyrics are heartfelt, whilst having an upbeat feel. The second verse of Heart Like A Truck sees Lainey take the song up a notch seeing the song develop in a way that I never knew I needed to hear thanks to her vocal delivery. The chorus blends perfectly into every single verse, alongside the instrumental break up ahead of the bridge and final chorus ending the song beautifully. The bridge highlights the songs key lyrics as it heads into Heart Like A Truck's final chorus seeing Lainey's powerful vocal come through.

Atta Girl has a soft guitar instrumental with her quirky soft crisp vocal. The first verse had me listening extremely closely to very single lyric. The chorus is rather catchy due to the honesty within the lyrics - very Lainey! The second verse connects beautifully thanks to the heartfelt life based lyrics reminding me of the older Lainey music which is stunning. The instrumental is perfectly time, complimenting the final chorus. The more I heard the song the more inspired I was becoming - go for your dreams!

This One's Gonna Cost Me has an upbeat fiery vibe which compliments her crisp vocal. This drinking song is one that is perfect in the moment, however one of those songs that you can feel regret on after that night out. The chorus is very catchy with a beautiful tone mixed with a beautiful story within the lyrics that keeps you guessing at many times. The chorus is the perfect link to every single verse. However, Lainey's vocal at the end is beyond stunning due to the amount of honesty demonstrating who she is as an artist. This One's Gonna Cost Me has a classic Lainey vibe, reminding me of Workin' Overtime.

Those Boots (Daddy's Song) begins with a very Dolly Parton kind of feel alongside a guitar instrumental which is wonderful. The crisp soulful and honesty within the lyrics is gorgeous as it shows throughout at different stages of the song. The family memories growing up are so special especially as for me they remind me of my Grandad and all those years I spent on his farm - love the childhood feels. All three verses link fantastically, I caught myself getting emotional many times. I love that Lainey has written an extremely relatable song like this that many people will appreciate and have their own take on the lyrics. The appreciation within the lyrics is appreciation is so powerful.

Live Off starts with a country feel that I thought was a little dreamy making the song unique. The first verse is beautiful with Lainey's crisp vocal at the forefront. The lyrics are filled with such honesty due to the real life talk that many listeners will be able to relate with. The chorus is filled with a lot of hometown vibes and a lot of talk about being grateful for those moments. It's the little things that are the most important and the things that we 'live off' - our hometowns are the places that make us who we are hence why they are so important to our stories. The appreciation from Lainey in that the way that you can hear she treasures every single moment/ memories. The softer vocal ahead of the final chorus was the part of the song that stood out for me.

Wildflowers and Wild Horses has soft instrumental which adds a little volume, mixed with Lainey's soft vocal in the first verse its a wonderful mix. The first verses gives me proper country feels that remind me of my childhood spent on my Grandad's farm with Lainey's dreamy vocals, I adore this song thanks to the old school country vibes. The chorus is full of honesty that many will be able to relate due to her wilder side coming through. The second verse is fantastically catchy that I caught myself singing along with. One song, I am excited to hear live - it's gorgeous throughout.

What's Up starts a quirky instrumental that has a softer country feel that's the moment that it hit me that it was a cover. This cover from Lainey is one that Lainey makes her own right from the very start, and it's gorgeous as Lainey makes the story her own with her gorgeous vocal tones. What's up is one of those songs for me that is filled with many childhood memories especially when the chorus kicks in. Lainey's take of this song is beyond perfect, I am excited to see her performing this live at C2C hopefully. WOW, such a stunning take on a such a song one I never knew that I needed to hear.

You can follow Lainey on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY