INTERVIEW WITH DAISY CAMPBELL ABOUT AMELIA'S LABOUR AND WHAT US FANS CAN EXPECT FROM THE EPISODES

Ever since Amelia Spencer discovered that she was pregnant back in July, it’s not been an easy journey for the character especially over the recent weeks with the father of her unborn child announced as Samson Dingle and it's attitude been awful, to her and Noah Dingle going official much to Dan Spencer and Kerry Wyatt’s dismay, but it's obvious how much she knows her own mind.

When asked about how is Amelia feeling about her pregnancy, Daisy responds: “I think Amelia is very excited about pregnancy, given what she’s previously been through I think we see a shift in her emotions about it all. I think she is feeling anxious though and maybe even a little bit apprehensive.”

With Amelia meeting Noah for a picnic, how are things between her and Noah: “Things are really good between her and Noah and I definitely think she has found the right person for her. Especially because Samson hasn’t been around for Amelia during her whole pregnancy. She can compare them both and she sees more of an opportunity and compassion towards Noah. Things are really good between them.”

Tell us what is happening when her contractions start: “Amelia is on her way to meet Noah at Wylie’s farm for a picnic as he is working there with Marcus. She ends up taking a short cut and she gets shifted by a strong gale of wind. She slightly falls but is not hurt, but she then starts to feel her first contraction. There’s a lot of wind going on and heading towards the village is a very bad storm.”

Daisy talking about the moment that Amelia decides to call Dan: “Yeah the weather isn’t looking good at all, she panics for a bit as she doesn’t really know what is going on. And by now she’s having quite regular contractions. She knows deep down she’s made a mistake coming out here on her own with the weather turning for the worst, so she calls her dad to tell him before she might not be able to get hold of him.”

Daisy talks about the moment Amelia heads to find shelter, where she ends up and how worried is she at this stage? “Amelia ends up in a barn in the middle of nowhere, as it’s the only place she can find to shelter. She’s really worried at this point as she’s only 16 and is stuck in a raging storm in the middle of nowhere and has no one to help her out. She also can’t get in touch with anyone as all phone signals have been totally cut off due to the storm. I think at this stage her anxiety is through the roof!”

Daisy talks about filming these episodes: “Honestly, it was so amazing. I think I will remember filming these scenes for the rest of my career. It didn’t feel like normal filming days, which I really love. It felt like we were shooting a film. I feel so honoured and lucky to have experienced a workplace like that. The adrenaline for shooting was like nothing I have felt before, it was crazy.”

Any interesting stories to tell about filming? “When doing my prep and research before shooting these scenes, I really wanted to feel the fear and intensity of scenes we had ahead. So in between every scene I ran round the set and jumped up and down right before action was called. I did this to make myself out of breath and sweaty and tired so that I could really feel the exhaustion from what was actually happening. I’ve got to say it did work and I’m definitely gonna use it in future!”

Daisy talking about research ahead of her characters labour and birth? “Yes I did research labours and births. As soon as I was told about the story, I immediately started my research. I watched young teen births as that was what my story was based mainly on. I used many different websites to find out specific feelings and emotions when giving birth. I like to really use my research and prep to my full extent, so I was researching for most of the year really.”

Were you pleased when you found out your character would have a big storyline around the Emmerdale 50th anniversary? “I feel so honoured and lucky to be part of this huge 50th milestone in Emmerdale’s history. 50 years is such a long time and to be a part of that means so much to me.”

You watch Emmerdale's 50th hour long anniversary special episode on Sunday 16th October on ITV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY