EP REVIEW - JADE HELLIWELL - WOMAN

Today (Friday 7th October) will see British singer-songwriter, Jade Helliwell release her brand new EP, Woman.
Woman features 5 songs.

Photo Credit: Tamography

Woman I Am starts with an soft guitar instrumental which compliments Jade's crisp vocal perfectly. The opening verse sees Jade's honesty shining through right from the very start that got me really appreciating the lyrics thanks to the attention to detail that many of us listeners will be able to relate with. I like how Jade isn't afraid to speak her mind within this song - Jade, you are a strong willed woman! The chorus features many funky upbeat lyrics with a funky instrumental that brings the song into it's own allowing for the listeners to hear Jade's new side of music which I have to say is the best move for her development. There is something so unique and special about this song that leaves me wanting more every time I hear the songs lyrics. The second verse continues with Jade's softer vocals giving us listeners the classic Jade Helliwell sound we know and love - this is the side of Jade that had us falling in love with her as an artist in the first place. The lyrics are super catchy and relatable especially as it heads back into the chorus. The final verse sees the song lead with a little but more honesty thanks to the slowness of the lyrics and instrumental which is utterly fantastic adding another layer to this inspiring song. I love the final chorus thanks to the upbeat vibes that come from the chorus.

Lead Me On starts with a sombre instrumental that fills me with a lot of different emotions, so powerful. The first verse sees Jade's crisp vocal at the forefront with lyrics that have a lot of honesty within them, through many powerful moments. You can hear the personal meaning for Jade through her vocal delivery. The songwriting is stunning. The chorus has an emotive take with the lyrics that I can honesty say had me emotional especially as I heard more and more of the chorus throughout Lead Me On. The upbeat vocal and instrumental in the middle is brilliantly timed in my opinion. The second verse of Lead Me On continues with such vulnerability that links perfectly within the lyrics of the chorus. There is something so special about the way that Jade delivers Lead Me On with such poignancy. The final verse and chorus beautifully link the single on fantastically bringing the song to a perfect end.

Drink This Wine has a soulful instrumental which compliments Jade's crisp vocal right from the start with her heartfelt lyrics. You can hear a lot of personal meaning within the lyrics that I caught myself relating too, however, it was as the chorus kicked in that I caught myself getting incredibly emotional over due to the purity, and honesty within the songs lyrics. The magicalness in the lyrics are ones of pure beauty. The love story sounding throughout is something that captivates and the difficult journey that happens. Jess' sensationally vocal tones throughout are stunning. Drink This Wine is my brand new favourite single.

Nothing But The Radio On has this beautiful electric guitar instrumental that got me excited and when Jade's crisp vocal kicked in it was magically. The fire within the songs lyrics were something that had me captivated from start to finish allowing for us listeners to hear the artist that Jade is! The songwriting is brilliant throughout. The rockier chorus is the side of Jade that I adore, and remembers me of exactly the reason I loved Jade's music in the first place. The catchiness of the lyrics was something that I enjoyed hearing, especially in the second verse which is my favourite thanks to the heartfelt moments. The instrumental broke up Nothing But The Radio up perfectly.

Undercover starts with a soft guitar instrumental among a few other instruments. The first verse displays a lot of honesty that had me listening extremely carefully right from the start till the very end. The way that Jade showed us many different ways of her vocal abilities within one song, and I am so proud of the artist she has become from her very first single - she has definitely come full circle. The chorus is full of many catchy lyrics with such a beautiful and personal sounding meaning. The second verse links beautifully into the chorus allowing for many special moments being shown. The softer vocal tones are very much needed from Jade. I am very grateful for Jade writing and releasing this EP.

You can follow Jade on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY