COUNTRY MUSIC WEEK GIG REVIEW - TENILLE TOWNES - SCALA

On Wednesday 19th October, I was kindly given the opportunity to attend Tenille Townes headline show at Scala in London as part of Country Music Week 2022.

Photo Credit: Lauren Dunn/ Sony Nashville

Tenille opened her set with Where You Are which for me was the perfect song as it showed everyone what a talented singer and guitar player she is! The way that everyone was listening to every single lyrics was so powerful, and the silence in the room said it all!
White Horse was full of a lot of energy that got the room in the party spirit, and as soon as it was followed by a sassy version of Come As You which is my favourite songs ever by Tenille something so magical about the lyrics, and accepting of each other. The singalong party energy was fantastic everyone was enjoying themselves.

Jersey on The Wall is another song that I have an emotional connection with as you can hear so much vulnerability with every single word pulling on your heartstring.
You have to love it when a country star sings a song by a fellow singer from their home country, Alanis Morissette's Ironic is a song that my dad played throughout my childhood, so for me as I was thinking it was like my childhood moments came back. The way that the audience were really enjoyed the song was so powerful.
The Same Road Home and The Last Time were the next two song that I caught myself listening to very closely and carefully due to the songwriting. Meet My Maker was always performed during the evening.

When's It Gonna Happen due to the fact that I have so much love for this song, and it's lyrics as being a single woman it's hard and you are left with so many unanswered questions that you have no answers to, and that's ok our time will come - it's ok! The way that Tenille appreciated the audience throughout was beautiful.

The surprise of the evening came as Ben Earle from British duo, The Shires came on stage to perform When You Need Me which Tenille released with Wrabel, and Ben was a fantastic addition his vocals were spot on.
Up next was I Kept The Roses that went straight into another song that I missed the title of as, I was so in the point then into Girl Who Doesn't Care one word stunning. Holding Out For The One was another one that was stunning to hear live that I caught myself appreciating the meaning of even more than I thought was possible. Tenille was really being so appreciative of the audience.

The evening ended with Somebody's Daughter that was the perfect end as it saw Tenille get the room at the palm of her hand ending the gig on a high. 

(Songs may or may not be in order was too busy enjoying myself that evening, however, I think I missed a few too!)

You can follow Tenille on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY