*MY OPINION* DAISY CAMPBELL SMASHED HER SCENES LAST WEEK

I feel like a broken record saying this again, but my god how fantastic was Daisy Campbell during last week's 50th anniversary week on Emmerdale. I know people have their own opinion on this, but this is mine.

Thinking back to July, when Daisy Campbell absolutely smashed her scenes when her character, Amelia Spencer discovered her pregnancy - I had high hopes and I have to say Daisy last week definitely exceeded my expectations.

Throughout the pregnancy storyline there have been so many standout moments where Daisy has showed different sides of her acting ability that I really do hope are recognised. It's been brilliant to see both the character develop, as well as Daisy because sometimes this happens I am torn, but in Daisy's case I have been amazed.

Photo Credit: ITV/ Emmerdale

I am always a little apprehensive when it comes to a special week in a soap as you never truly know which way the episodes during that week are going but for some reason because it was their 50th anniversary I was even more worried. However, right from the very first scene in the anniversary episode on Sunday, you could see how much research, Daisy had put into her role especially knowing that she asked for this storyline for her character you could see that Daisy was determined to get it right.

As the week continued, Daisy's acting for me become even more brilliant to watch especially during these tense moments. The vulnerability that Daisy showed throughout the week was just incredible, some people really struggle with this but Daisy was flawless. However, it was during Thursday's hour long episode that Daisy really shone and showed everyone what a fantastic actress, she is! Daisy's acres with Emma Atkins, and Jack Downham were brilliant and throughout the whole storyline have see a fantastic support. I really hope that Emmerdale don't mess up the Amelia and Noah relationship.

The research aspect of the storyline right from the very start from Daisy is something I have massive praise for, goes to show how much she loves and respects the show that she works on. It's these moments that make us viewers realise what a fantastic young actress, Emmerdale has.

I really hope that Daisy is recognised for this storyline, she really deserves to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY