INTERVIEW WITH HALLE KEARNS ABOUT HER DEBUT EP, FINALLY WHICH IS OUT TODAY

Today (Friday 11th December) will see US Country-Pop singer-songwriter, Halle Kearns release her debut EP, Finally.
Having followed Halle's journey since May and I was very lucky to have spoke to her about her debut EP, Finally which has been many years in the making.

You can read my review of Finally here.

Good Morning, Halle. I have to start this interview off with the biggest congratulations.
How are you feeling about the world finally being able to listen to the EP? *see what I did there.*
Hi Kellie! Thank you so much! Haha yes, I am beyond thrilled to FINALLY have these songs out in the world. It's been such a long time coming, and it feels like the biggest breath of fresh air to watch these songs come to life.
Your smile says it all, and I am SO EXCITED for everyone to hear your incredible album.

Finally has been a couple of years in the making, I believe? How come that was the case?
I actually recorded a previous EP back in 2018, and upon receiving the mixes back, I realized I hadn't truly discovered my sound yet. It took a lot of time, writing, and going through the ups and downs of life over the last couple years to really step into myself. I feel like I know who I am ~finally~, which translates into who I am as an artist as well!
Silly me for not remembering, sorry! But I am glad that you feel like now you have discovered your style through discovering who you are - what a beautiful discovery.

Finally features 5 incredibly beautiful songs which are very unique to your style - is this something you were determined to get right?
That was absolutely the goal! I didn't want to step into a studio and feel like I was trying to be something I'm not. I think these 5 songs are diverse enough to show my range stylistically, but also give the listener a strong, cohesive look into what they're getting when they turn on a 'Halle Kearns' track.
I completely agree with you that the 5 songs you have chosen to release so diverse that it shows the listeners exactly who you are as a person! You are the best for doing this.

Halle, can I ask you please to tell us a little about your debut EP?
I believe that this EP is a perfect introduction to who I am. I have poured my heart into each song in hopes of relating to other like minded people out there. My goal is that each listener feels like they have a new friend after listening through!
You definitely have introduced yourself so beautifully to your listeners and I hear so much gripping moments in all of your songs that make me think WOW this girl is stunning who has a bright future ahead of her!

Finally features 2 songs that you haven't released can you please tell us a little about Whatever You Do and Before He Could?
Whatever You Do is a beachy, summer loving song! It's set on a beach scene and I think the production translates that beautifully. It's what I consider my "easy-listening" song, and I hope everyone can groove to it the way I do!
Before He Could is my one and only heartbreak song on the album. It is a special song to me because I've been on either side of this scenario. I have broken a heart in the way I describe in the song, and I've also had my heart broken in that same way. My hope is that each listener resonates with it in one perspective or another!

There is something so beautiful about Before He Could that is a song that has an emotional delivery and will help a lot of people believing that they are worthy of protecting themselves and their hearts from being broken if they feel something isn't right in the relationship - whether this was your aim, I think you will help people in this situation.
I appreciate you saying that so much! I always hope to deliver some healing to broken hearts through my music. Whether that's through the distraction of a happy-go-lucky lyric, or really diving in and dissecting the hurt!
My pleasure, I swear I listened to the songs in a very different way that most but I am so grateful for your music in 2020.

How was the recording for the EP?
Just phenomenal. My producer, Stephan Sharp is the best guy all around; as a producer, but a friend as well! We had a blast with these 5 songs and he taught me so much throughout the whole process. He was very patient with my lack of studio knowledge, which is something I valued a ton!

How would you sum up your debut EP, Finally in just 3 words for anyone wanting to check it out?
Hmm.. I would say Joyful, Light, and Sincere.
What 3 perfect words, and I have to add warmth.

Thank you so much for your time once again, Halle. I am super grateful like always.
THANK YOU KELLIE! Love you, my girl!

You can follow Halle on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY