THANK YOU 2020 FOR THE COUNTRY MUSIC PART 1 - THE ARTISTS

2020 has been one hell of a year for many of us, but one thing I have loved about it is discovering a lot of new music whether it be from UK Country Artists or US Artists - one thing I wanted to do was share with you some of my favourite discoveries of the year.



Photo Credit: Chloe Anne Charnock

Emma and Jolie - WOW, where do I begin? These 2 girls called Emma and Jolie as the name suggests are two of the most grounded, honest, hard-working young ladies that I have the privilege of talking a lot with during lockdown especially as they released their debut single, I Don't Need A Man which was a massive hit within the UK Country Music audience with it getting picked up by Matt Spracklen on his Sunday evening show on Country Hits Radio called Country Hits Brits for UK artists. I Don't Need A Man reached NUMBER ONE in the iTunes chart on it's release day back in July. Can't wait to see what's next for Emma and Jolie.
Last month, listeners saw them release their second single, Cry For You and my god what an emotional song it is but one we needed to hear. I am so personally very grateful for these ladies in the way they have helped me since supporting them at the start of the year! Can't wait to meet them in 2021.

Olivia Lane everyone that knows me knows how much of a supporter I have been of the young talented lady since 2018 the very first time I interviewed her after You Got Me was released. 2020 has been the year, me and Olivia have spoken a lot before, during, and after interviews about how much she has helped me with many things I struggled with during Covid back in April/ May. Olivia released On 28th August, Olivia released her latest EP, The One Deluxe to celebrate his one year release which I was honoured to review as it showed me another side of who Olivia is as an artist, and one I loved discovering a little bit more.
2020 also saw Olivia release Same Old Story, and Living Instead.

Halle Kearns was a brand new artist to be at the start of 2020, but in June I discovered this brilliantly talented young lady who is a US artist as she released her debut single, Pick Me Up in June which I have to admit got her many UK fans, and I am grateful lockdown allowed me time to discover this artists songs, and interview her about her debut single. Halle also debuted to a UK audience via BringCountry2UK instagram sessions which was an absolute honour of mine.

Lauren Hall is an American singer-songwriter who I had the pleasure of discovering just us we went into lockdown in March through us following each other and reaching out to one another, and you know what since then the partnership we have created through of love of music we have helped and supported each other which has been amazing. With the release of Lauren's debut single, Backwards on 29th April following an interview getting to know her at the start of April that had her UK following going to which I was very happy to have been apart of!
Looking at Lauren now and all she has achieved with the release of another 2 singles, Gone and Just Like I Knew.

SJ McDonald is another U.S. artist that I discovered in lockdown thanks to a suggestion which I was very excited about looking into. SJ released her latest single, Hot Damn on 28th August which was just amazing and went down amazingly with some of the UK audience. SJ was another artist, I had the pleasure of interviewing about the single whilst getting to know who she is as an artist.

Harriet Rose is a British Singer/ Songwriter who was an artist at the start of 2020 that I had never heard of but one I loved discovering thanks to the lockdown as I reached out to her for an interview after discovering her on a livestream with another country page but led me to reach out to her about appearing in our BringCountry2UK festival which she agreed following an interview to introduce her to the UK fans. On 19th August, Harriet released her debut single, Small Town Chains.

Laura Beckwith, well where do I start with this extremely talented young artist. Laura was an artist I reached out to during lockdown as I was planning BringCountry2UK, and Laura was the artist that opened our festival and closed it on 25th September - the day she released her debut country single, Halfway. Laura is one artist, I am so proud of everything she has achieved throughout 2020!

Reya Jayne is an artist I discovered back at the end of 2019, and it was amazing being involved with featuring her on my website right from the very first moment she spoke about releasing her debut single, Homeless on 29th February. Reya Jayne then went onto release her second single, How Good Are You on 29th May (3 months after her debut). I can't wait to see what is to come for Reya Jayne because she is one artist everyone needs to hear.

Priscilla Block has been a new artist to me in 2020 but one artist I am very grateful to have discovered because her music is so inspiring and written from a place of honesty and experience which I happen to adore in song-writing. Just About Over You and Thick Thighs have been anthems to be throughout the year as the songs are super catchy and fabulous.

Back on 18th January, I attended a gig in London where Bailey Tomkinson was the headliner who I discovered back in the August/ September of 2019 with her quirky country way that I loved, and hearing her live I was right in my element. Also, that evening I discovered another new artist to me in the form of Sarah Watson who is a Country Rock kind of artist which I wasn't expecting to love but one I did. Sarah released her debut single back in May.

Lizzie Cates is another artist that I discovered through a suggestion from a fellow country fan, and one I am very grateful for as Lizzie later agreed to be apart of our festival ahead of the release of her latest single, I Like The Way. Lizzie was another artist that I saw another side of which I loved discovering during interviewing her about the single, and I will forever be grateful to lockdown for discovering.

Laura Evans is a UK artist which I have supported since 2016 with her music but she was apart of my childhood through her acting (crazy how life comes around with paths crossing). Laura released her latest EP, Running Back To You. Running Back To You featured one of my favourite songs of Laura's Take Me Back (Aberdare) which has a very homely feel for me, and one song I think everyone needs to here.

Harleymoon Kemp released her debut single, Space on 7th August which was a song that want down wonderfully with the UK audience as the love for the song grew, and still continues to do. Harleymoon then went on to release 2 more singles, She Looks Like Me, and her latest single, Lucky all of which are perfect songs, and showcase all that Harleymoon is as an artist.

Hannah Dorothy is one artist, I had the pleasure of interviewing for this page doing lockdown back in April, and ever since then we have become good friends with helping her with promo for her debut single, Never Again last month which I have to admit is amazing.

Many others, I have enjoyed throughout 2020 are: Jade Helliwell, and Laura Oakes who are massive UK ambassadors for UK Country Music. Lindsay Ell who also released her brand new album on 14th August, and Caylee Hammack who released her debut album on 14th August. Danielle Bradbery is one artist who released one of my favourite singles of the year with Girls In My Hometown thanks to the lyrics being ones that I can relate 100% with as it reminds me of my High School friends!
Hunter Hayes is an artist who's music has helped me so much during lockdown, and on my bad days with his music instantly being able to lift me back into the right headspace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY