DEBUT EP REVIEW - HALLE KEARNS - FINALLY

This Friday (11th December) will see US Country-Pop singer-songwriter, Halle Kearns release her debut EP, Finally.
Finally features 5 songs - 3 which have been released and 2 which are unreleased.

You can read my interview with Halle here.

Pick Me Up starts with a guitar instrumental which I have to admit after hearing only a couple of seconds - my god I am in love with this song already! In a way that I am freaking out already! There is a proper country feel to Pick Me Up that I am VERY EXCITED about people hearing. The first verse sees Halle's upbeat vocal range being demonstrated in the most beautiful, and unique way that I have nothing but praise for Halle on. The lyrics are just beautiful allowing Halle many opportunities to show off many of her stunning vocal ranges. The chorus of Pick Me Up features some incredibly, beautiful, and fun lyrics that I have to admit had me singing along right from the very start leaving me feeling very overwhelmed with the fact that this is only Halle's debut single. The upbeat instrumental is something that makes the song even more incredible. The second verse continues Pick Me Up fantastically as the instrumental continues to be a little louder allowing Halle to show off many of her incredible vocal ranges allowing her songwriting to shine through. I am very excited about playing this song on my summer road trips. The final verse of Pick Me Up allows Halle's softer vocal range to shine once again with most beautifully soft lyrics that are written from a place of experience that I have to admit I loved hearing. The final chorus of Pick Me Up was a little softer which added another dynamic to the song which I have to admit once again left me feeling a little more emotional. I can't believe this is only Halle's debut single.

Whatever You Do has a very Halle sounding guitar instrumental to start which I just adore as you know you are listening to Halle's music (this is a compliment!) The first verse sees Halle's soft vocals at the forefront which is just magical. The lyrics are wonderful and showcase her incredible songwriting skills that brings a smile to my face throughout. The chorus features some beautiful lyrics which are very stunning, and tell a wonderful story of love which is so moving and the songs lyrics throughout continue the wonderful storytelling well. The second verse continues Whatever You Do wonderfully with the more tempo lyrics are allowed there moment to shine that I caught myself dancing along too, as it blended so perfectly into the chorus. The final verse features a few lines which are of a slower tempo giving the listeners an opportunity to hear Halle's fabulous vocal range. The final chorus shows off the real pop country vibes which happens to end the song fantastically.

Before He Could has slow piano instrumental which changes the sound of Halle's debut EP in the most incredible way as it allows the listeners to hear Halle's emotive vocals in the first verse. The first verse sees Halle's softer vocals at the forefront as the song lyrics have their moment to shine thanks to Halle's incredible songwriting. The emotional vocal delivery is everything within this verse into the chorus.
The chorus features the most stunning lyrics that are delivered in this magical emotive way about a relationship we thought would last forever but didn't and Halle's lyrics are bang on in a lot of cases. The second verse of Before He Could continues with even more beautiful and stunning lyrics which sees Halle's incredible vocal range grow as she delivers more poignant lyrics. The final verse sees the song turn up a notch with her higher vocal tone which compliments the mood of the song incredibly well and giving the song another layer - that I just adored. Before He Could ending with the final chorus was the most stunning, and beautiful choice - I got emotional over!

I Drink Whiskey starts with a electric guitar instrumental which has such a sassy kind of feel to the song which instantly drew me in. The first verse sees Halle's rockier upbeat vocals at the forefront with such a summers/ autumn day feel thanks to the lyrics. I adore Halle's lyrics, and vocal range throughout the whole of this verse as she knows exactly when to highlight certain lyrics. The chorus features some incredibly catchy lyrics that make me want to get up and dance, and sing along despite not knowing the lyrics. I Drink Whiskey has such a proper country feel too which is just incredible. The second verse of I Drink Whiskey continues wonderfully with the verse following beautifully from the chorus with the growth of the song being wonderful. Halle's vocal range is demonstrated beautifully throughout this verse once again, and I love how Halle isn't afraid to let her sassiness out within this song. The more I Drink Whiskey want on the more I caught myself getting up and wanting to dance, and the more I listened the more I caught myself being able to appreciate the lyrics as I kind of knew what the lyrics were about instead of drawing on my own interruption. The final verse sees Halle's softer vocal at the forefront as the song led into the final chorus which ended the song beautifully.

Shoes To Fill starts with Halle's softer meaningful vocals compliments by a simple piano instrumental which is just so moving right from the start. The first verse of Shoes To Fill sees Halle's beautiful vocal tone at the forefront with her super heartfelt lyrics that you can hear every single emotion within, and it's obvious how special this song is to Halle. The lyrics within Shoes To Fill, I caught myself listening to every single word getting extremely emotional over them looking about my father and how special relationship. The chorus features some beautifully incredibly heartfelt lyrics that are getting more and more emotional the more the song continues, and the lyrics are super wonderfully thought about. Halle's vocal tone throughout this song, I caught myself welling up - so perfect! The second verse of Shoes To Fill continues the beautifully storytelling of this song in a way I wasn't expecting as the emotions just kept on growing and growing which shows how much admiration Halle has for her dad along with the respect she has for herself thanks to her father which is just incredible to hear! The softer vocal range from Halle is just breathtakingly perfect! The final verse of Shoes To Fill is a little shorter highlighting the key lyrics which sees Halle's softer vocal return allowing the most captivating lyrics at the forefront of the song ahead of the final chorus.

You can follow Halle on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY