CHRISTMAS EP REVIEW - JESS AND THE BANDITS - MY COUNTRY CHRISTMAS

Today (Friday 1st December) will see US singer-songwriting band, Jess and The Bandits releasing their brand new Christmas EP, My Country Christmas.
My Country Christmas features 10 songs.

Sleigh Ride has a very quirky Christmassy instrumental which I just adore. Jess' take on this Christmas classic is just wonderful, and so inviting thanks to her joyful vocal range. Jess' take on Sleigh Ride is just very beautiful, and is a very family feel to the song which I think a lot of people will enjoy listening too! The more the song continues the more, you get to hear Jess' wonderfully inviting lyrics which makes for brilliant listening. Jess' take on the lyrics are ones which are very meaningful to her - this is something I love hearing from artists.

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! starts with a very joyful piano instrumental which makes for fantastic listening. The first verse sees Jess' soft vocals at the forefront mixed with her cheery vocal is a perfect mix. The chorus features some of the most Christmassy lyrics, and ones that make most people get in the most for Christmas. The second and final verse see Jess' cheerful vocal at the forefront which made me smile a lot.  The instrumental in between the second and final verse was just beautiful breaking the song up wonderfully. I have nothing but praise for Jess' vocal throughout this song because her tone is just perfect. The instrumental that ends the song is just beautifully, and had me dancing as I think it will many other listeners too.

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree has a very sweet and upbeat Christmassy instrumental which instantly had me wanting to get up and dance. Jess' vocals are one of pure honesty, and she had her own take on the lyrics which made it even more amazing for me as a listeners if I am honest. Jess' softer range throughout the song is pitched amazingly, and I honesty appreciate her softer vocal range as you really get to hear the lyrics, and Jess' beautiful vocal every single moment. The instrumental break down in the middle of the song was pitched brilliantly especially the piano solo with the jolliness continuing even when the vocals stop.

Happy Xmas (War Is Over) starts with Jess' really soft vocal which is complimented wonderfully by an instrumental which adds layers to the song. I have nothing but praise for Jess' softer vocals as it opens the song brilliantly and in a way you can hear a personally connection with the lyrics. The more Happy Xmas (War Is Over) continues the more Jess' take on the lyrics get even more emotional especially when the instrumental comes in, in the middle of the song. Then moments after listeners will hear a higher vocal tone from Jess before taking it back to a softer tone. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) is my personal favourite on this Christmas album.

O Holy Night starts with a beautifully soulful instrumental opening the song up fantastically. The first verse sees a soulful soft vocals at the forefront of the song from Jess which is just gorgeous to hear on such a wonderful Christmas song. The chorus of O Holy Night features continues with a beautifully melting soft vocal which has a couple of standout moments. The second verse continues O Holy Night with the lyrics being at the forefront with her take on the lyrics being very different to what I was expecting but I adored. The most O Holy Night continues the more I caught myself feeling very Christmassy, so thank you Jess.

What Are You Doing New Years Eve? sees Jess' super soft vocals at the forefront with her meaningful lyrics also being at the forefront making the song even more magical. The first verse sees Jess take on the mother role within the lyrics which I adore as it allows this motherly feel to the music. The honesty within the song is something I wasn't expecting but I adored as it allows everyone to see what a talented artist, Jess is. The attention to detail with the instrumental is something that I find rather moving at times, and the solo in the middle breaks the song up perfectly.

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) starts with a brilliantly timed Christmassy sounding song as it will allow the listeners this real sense of home, family, and magicalness that we all are needing this Christmas after the year we have all had. As much as I adore the Michael Bublé version hearing Jess' female empowering take on Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) with her incredible vocal range being allowed to shine! I adore the Christmassy feel to the song throughout and it makes me smile every single time I listen to the song. Jess' empowering take had me in goosebumps a few times, and I can't praise her take on this song enough. Thank you, Jess and your team of musicians.

Christmas In The Country starts with an upbeat guitar instrumental which is a beautiful sound to start the song off. The first verse sees Jess's softer vocals at the forefront allowing the lyrics to shine through right from the start. The lyrics of the first verse and chorus are ones that appear to be written from the heart, and I love the warm and homely feel the lyrics give you mixed with Jess' soft and warm vocal range. The second verse of Christmas In The Country continues the warm, and family originated lyrics beautifully with a beautifully sounding Christmas story in the verse which I personally just adore. The final verse of Christmas In The Country sees Jess' super soft vocal continuing adding an amazing layer to the lyrics that I wasn't expecting. Christmas In The Country ending with the chorus is something I just adore the more I hear it, alongside some meaningful lyrics within the song.

I'll Be Home For Christmas opens up with soft piano instrumental which happens to break up this Christmas album perfectly. The first verse of I'll Be Home For Christmas sees Jess' soft and soulful vocals at the forefront of the song as the lyrics appear to be ones that just drip of your tongue because they are so beautifully raw, and honest ones that happen to make this song even more special for the listeners. The chorus of I'll Be Home For Christmas has some beautifully poignant lyrics which have me believing in every single word Jess is singing. The second verse continues I'll Be Home For Christmas fantastically as the message within the song stills comes across beautifully with a warm and fuzzy feeling which I love to pieces especially after what a tough year 2020 has been.

White Christmas in Houston has a piano instrumental to start which supports the song throughout that in particular supports Jess' soft vocals. The first verse of White Christmas In Houston sees Jess's super soft, and soulful vocal range to start the song off, however, moments later the song turns a lot more jolly thanks to Jess' change in direction which I happen to like lots. The chorus of White Christmas In Houston is one that is super upbeat and happy whilst also featuring wonderfully heartfelt, and fun lyrics that you can't help but smile whilst you are listening to the song. The second verse continues White Christmas In Houston beautifully with it's super Christmassy feel and the honesty within the lyrics from Jess is so special to hear. Even though this verse is short it is rather beautiful. The instrumental break up is just wonderfully piecing the song together so beautifully thanks to the timing. The final verse of White Christmas In Houston works wonderfully heading into the final chorus of the song. I can't wait to have this album on repeat.

You can follow Jess and The Bandits on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY