CHRISTMAS EP REVIEW - FRANKIE DAVIES - HOME THIS YEAR

This Friday (18th December) will see Channel Islands based Jersey girl, Frankie Davies release her first Christmas EP, Home This Year.
Home This Year features 5 songs.

You can read my interview with Frankie here.

Home This Year starts with her crisp folk sound which is something I adore hearing, and with the Christmassy feel its amazing. The guitar instrumental brings this wonderful festive feeling. The first verse has this super family origination that makes me feel a little emotional as all you want to do for Christmas to get home and see our families. I love how Frankie is singing about her family memories in this song whilst singing about what tough year this year has been for everyone. The chorus features some incredibly sentimental lyrics that made me feeling very emotional that I have a little it with have many other listeners too. As the song continues this wonderful feeling for your family is the only thing that matters in life is the most beautiful message a song can have! Thank you, Frankie for writing such an incredibly beautiful song.

All I Need For Christmas starts with Frankie's wonderful softer vocal which for me is one of the reasons why I feel in love with Frankie's music in the first place all those years ago. The guitar instrumental supports the song throughout brilliantly. The first verse sees Frankie's soft vocals at the forefront with her wonderfully captivating heartfelt lyrics which you can hear she is singing to her husband which happens to make magical listening from start to finish. The chorus of All I Need For Christmas has beautiful lyrics that you can hear have a super personally meaning that a lot of couples will be able to relate too, and I adore this about this song. The second verse continues All I Need For Christmas fantastically with the story continuing to grow which I have to admit captivates me. All I Need For Christmas is a beautiful song for people in love or someone that is missing a loved one this Christmas. All I Need For Christmas is beautifully written and deserves a lot of appreciation.

Forgive Me has a beautiful instrumental to start which supports Frankie's vocals all the way through the song in the most wonderful way which has been listening very carefully to every single lyric. The first verse sees Frankie's warm and crisp vocals at the forefront which support her heartfelt lyrics beautifully as the meaning of the message comes across fantastically. You can hear so much regret within this song which for me has me emotional as I can connect with many of the lyrics are ones that I have been in, in the past but life is listen that we need to start appreciating more - and I think 2020 has shown us this!  
The chorus features some extremely poignant lyrics that brings the song together beautifully with the 3 verses telling such a beautiful heartfelt story. The fact that Frankie has added her feelings to this song its even more special. In the final verse and chorus, Frankie's super soft vocals are at the forefront which adds another level to the song which I can't help but feel emotional over, and demonstrates her gorgeous vocal tone.

Something About Christmas starts with a piano instrumental that happens to be a very different instrumental start for the song which I have to admit works wonderfully allowing for a stripped back song from Frankie. The first verse sees Frankie's warm, and vibrant vocal range at the forefront of Something About Christmas which has this wonderful warmth about it which got me thinking about the children at Christmas and their excitement its something that we need to treasure. The chorus of Something About Christmas continues with the warm feeling thanks to the heartfelt lyrics mixed with Frankie's wonderful songwriting which comes to a beautiful discovery at this point. The family feel I got from the lyrics is beautifully heartfelt. The second verse continues Something About Christmas with a warm vocal tone that continues to have me gripped especially about the children being happy and smiley. I adore the fact that Something About Christmas ends with a beautifully toned vocal from Frankie.

This Is The Year has a piano and guitar instrumental that happens to start the song off with this wonderfully warm vocal tone thanks to the lyrics of the first verse being ones of a much softer and slower consistency. The songs lyrics are beautiful and have a wonderfully beautiful message within the chorus that happens to have been feeling a little emotional. This Is The Year is a beautifully thought about song that has everything blended perfectly together in a raw and honest way. The second verse has a beautifully sentimental feel to it that I rather enjoyed listening too! This Is The Year is a song that has me feeling yet again emotional. I can't personally thank Frankie enough for writing and releasing this song as it a song I can relate too so much, and it's needed to motivate me with plans for next year.

You can follow Frankie on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY