DEBUT ALBUM REVIEW - KING CALAWAY - RIVERS

This Friday (6th March) will see US based country-pop six-piece band, King Calaway release their debut album, Rivers.
Rivers is made up of 13 songs.
King Calaway is made up of Caleb Miller, Chris Deaton, Simon Dumas, Jordan Harvey, Chad Michael Jervis, and Austin Luther.

No Matter What starts with a guitar instrumental which instantly gave me a real feel for this album. The first verse features some wonderfully honest lyrics and the songwriting is so raw. The harmonies and the moment all the lads join in on the chorus, I was amazed by how incredible it sounded. The chorus features some the most beautiful lyrics and I caught myself singing along despite not knowing the lyrics. The second verse continues the story within the lyrics wonderfully and the boys harmonies are just insane. I can't wait to hear this song live at C2C. The lyrics within the bridge are the most catchiest and the instrumental near the end of the song is just the perfect break down.
King Calaway, No Matter What is one fabulous opening song on your debut album.

More Than I Do starts with a drum and guitar instrumental very open feeling song. The first verse starts off with a softer tone allowing the lyrics to shine through, I adore the softer tone of this song allowing the lads vocals to shine through. The chorus are super catchy and honest giving you a real sense for the song and it's meaning. I love that this boys aren't afraid to write from the heart within this song. The second verse continues the song wonderfully and gave me a real feel for the song from a different point of view leading beautifully into the chorus and final verse which was a much slower verse leading to everything about the song giving me goosebumps. The moment the chorus slowed down before the boys vocal range changed to a little higher, I adored this change showed off everyone's vocal tones. The lyrics in this song are just wonderful.

Rivers starts with a stripped back piano instrumental completely different to how I expected the song to be with it being called rivers. The first verse showcases one of the boys softer vocal range giving the song-writing from the boys the chance to come through, however the moment the boys harmonies came in - I was blown away. The chorus is so quirky and upbeat something, I wasn't expecting if I am honest. The lyrics are so beautiful and upbeat its such a different feel to all the other songs on this album, in the most wonderful way. The second verse allows the song to continue in such a beautiful way with the lyrics giving you the real warm and honest feel to them compliment wonderfully by the guitar instrumental at all times. The final verse gives you this real warm sense of honesty that I absolutely loved.

Obvious starts with a upbeat and funky drum instrumental which gave me pop country vibes. The first verse showcased one of the boys softer but rocker vocals which I happen to love as its different to what I expected if I am honest but with the lyrics it works. The chorus is one of pure brilliance and funkiness - the lyrics are so upbeat and catchy that I caught myself wanting to sing along despite not knowing the lyrics aha. Gives me McFly vibes. The second verse continues the story telling within the song wonderfully and gives me a feel free for the style of artists the boys are and its so inspiring to read. I adore the instrumental break u in the middle of the song heading to hearing the boys softer and meaningful vocals which I happened to love.

Missing You starts with a beautifully soft piano instrumental which is just stunning opens the song wonderfully followed but one of the boys softer vocal within the first verse allowing the stunning lyrics to shine through. The chorus has wonderful harmonies from all of the boys and it is beyond perfection and I adore it. The guitar instrumental which comes in along with the piano sorts the song beautiful giving the song a little bit more dynamic which I have to admit I love the more the song goes on. The second verse then continues the story within the song incredibly and it gives you a real feel for the meaning of the song along with the way everything comes together especially into the chorus. The final verse and The bridge highlights the most meaningful lyrics within the song and for me, I had goosebumps. The final chorus sees the boys vocals step up a notch which I have to admit, I adore even more, and I didn't even think this was possible.

Driver's Seat starts with a drum instrumental giving the song, a super funky and upbeat sound to the album. The first verse sees the boys funnier and happier side which songs fantastically with the vocal range shown on the verse. The chorus features some wonderfully thought about catchy lyrics which give you a real feel for who the band are as artists, which I completely enjoy listening too! The second verse continues the journey of the song in one wonderful way that I beyond enjoy listening too. King Calaway are one incredibly talented band that I am very excited about hearing live. The instrumental break down in the middle works wonderfully with the boys softer vocals range within the bridge and final chorus. The lyrics featured throughout Driver's Seat are just fantastically wonderfully thought about.

Grow Old starts with a beautiful softer piano instrumental which stays throughout the song giving a real sense of a softer side from the boys of King Calaway which gave me goosebumps. The first verse features some incredibly honest and heartfelt lyrics about growing up and the lyrics are of pure realisation. The chorus features some wonderfully honest and heartfelt connecting all parts of the song together in the most stunning way which I have to admit bought a little tear to my eye. The second verse continues the beautifully raw song wonderfully with the guitar instrumental supporting the verse showcases the boys vocals and highlight so many issues we don't think about but in such a wonderfully fun catchy way - these boys are geniuses! King Calaway harmonies are perfection! The bridge allows the boys softer vocal range to come through as they head into the final chorus which I loved.

I Do starts with a beautifully soft stripped back piano instrumental. The first verse features some heartfelt lyrics which are supported fantastically by the boys wonderful vocals, however, the moment it is bought into the chorus the more I adore the song. The chorus has some of the most beautiful and wonderful harmonies from the boys of the King Calaway and their wonderful dynamic as a band is shown through. The lyrics are something, I didn't expect to hear from a boy band but one I loved hearing. The second verse continues the song beautifully with its beautifully relatable lyrics which I adore giving me goosebumps as I listened to a certain line for a personal reason. The instrumental break down in the middle breaks the song up fabulously before the final chorus which I completely love and happen to want to sing along with.

Picture Of The Way You Are starts with a start soulful instrumental which I have to admit breaks the album up wonderfully. The first verse features some wonderfully catchy lyrics supported by a softer instrumental which was absolutely breathtaking, the lads softer vocal range brings the verse together beautifully. The chorus is an uplifting part of the song which features some wonderfully catchy and fun lyrics which are supported by meaningful vocals from the boys. The second verse continues the songs softer and more poignant side in the most incredible way allowing the lyrics to shine through in a beautiful way. The final verse of the song features some of the beautiful vocal tones of the boys as it goes into the final chorus which brings the song to a wonderfully sweet end. The lyrics throughout the song have clearly been thought about and I love this about the boys.

World For Two starts with a guitar instrumental which I have to admit allows the listeners to see a different side to the boys and their music on their debut album. The first verse starts with some of heartfelt lyrics in a beautifully soft vocal tone from one of the boys that completely took me by surprise in the most wonderful way! The chorus has some of the most beautiful lyrics that are so catchy and honest with a heartwarming feeling about the one you love in your life. The second verse continues the song wonderfully and I love the catchiness of the lyrics that I caught myself wanting to try and sing along despite not 100% knowing the words but I love songs that make me want to do this! The instrumental break down in the middle of the song is just stunning adding another dynamic to the song. The bridge of the song is beautifully thought about adding another surprise factor to the song for me, giving me goosebumps thanks to the boys vocal range and harmonies.

Love The One You're With starts with the boys harmonies which I have to admit was something, I didn't expect from this song with the first verse which I have to say was just stunning as the instruments started I was left speechless. The lyrics are so upbeat it gives you a real feel for all the boys energy in the most beautiful way. The chorus features some of the most beautiful and heartfelt lyrics but also some of the most fun lyrics for the boys. I can't wait to see the boys energy when they perform this at C2C next week. The second verse follows with the same energy and tempo which I can't get enough of! The lyrics are so honest and you can hear the personal meaning from the boys that makes me love this more and more. The boys harmonies are just stunning throughout, I have so much respect for this band. I absolutely love the fact that the final verse hits you out of the blue along with the chorus which ends in the song in the most gorgeous way. This songs lyrics are going to be going around in my head for hours now!

I Did starts with a stripped back piano instrumental which one of the boys gives a real emotional softer sounding vocal which once again got me as a bit of a surprise however, it was a beautiful one. The lyrics deserve this stripped back attention to detail giving the lyrics there chance to shine through. Back the moment all the other boys joined in on the chorus it was breathtaking hearing all of these different harmonies come together as one. The second verse allows one of the boys vocals and harmonies shine throughout giving me goosebumps once again. I adore the fact that the chorus connects all of the parts of this song together so incredible well.
The harmonies towards the end of the song began even more wonderful and sweet to listen too!

You can follow King Calaway on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY