EP REVIEW - LAUREN ALAINA - GETTING GOOD

Today (Friday 6th March) will see US singer-songwriter, Lauren Alaina release her latest EP, Getting Good.
Getting Good features 6 songs.

In My Veins starts with a proper country instrumental which I have to admit was wonderful to hear. The first verse showcases Lauren's softer vocals allowing Lauren's wonderfully songwriting to shine through. The journey Lauren is singing about is something that caught me listening about life and how somethings are also in us. The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt fun lyrics that I have to admit had me singing along despite not knowing the words. This song is my jam and sums me up a lot, I can't lie! The second verse continues the song wonderfully and the more I hear Lauren's vocals the more, I adore the song. There is something so wonderful and honest about Lauren in this song that I have missed. The final verse is one that brings the song together beautifully and with the song ending on the chorus I was very happy giving Lauren, a chance to show off many of her different vocal ranges.

Getting Good starts with a beautiful guitar instrumental which I love as it compliments the first verse wonderfully. The first verse is one that I caught myself relating too a lot. This verse is definitely one of coming with age and the realization that not everything is easy in life, but you still have that panic of how your life is going to go. The chorus is my favourite part of the song thanks to it's catchy lyrics and the part of the song that gets me thinking the most, bringing tears to my eyes. The second verse continues Getting Good wonderfully with even more relatable lyrics that I caught myself relating too still - it's made me realise that getting 20 something is the hardest part of life. Lauren's vocal range is demonstrated the in the moment beautiful way throughout and her tone is stunning. The instrumental near the end of the song is the perfect breakdown. The bridge of Getting Good is about the most heart-breaking thing that could ever happen in our lives - the loss of our parents. I caught myself breaking down because it's something that we never think about and remembered me that we really need to treasure our parents. Getting Good ending with the chorus bought the song to a natural end which I adored.

Somebody Else's Problem starts directly with the first verse which was something I didn't expect as we had no instrumental but I loved it. The first verse is some of pure empowerment telling us what we should do and feel but Lauren tells it in such a wonderful and fun way that I caught myself singing along. The chorus is really fun and the lyrics are one that are so heartfelt that I feel a lot of people will be able to relate too. The second verse continues Somebody Else's Problem wonderfully giving you a real sense of how Lauren was feeling as she was writing this song which I have to admit is something that is so special and raw from such a young singer. The final verse is one that is in a very different style which compliments the songs wonderfully and fun allowing Lauren to show off her softer vocal range. The fact that Somebody Else's Problem ends with the chorus is something that is just perfect for the style of song.

Ladies in the 90's starts with funky upbeat tone which is shortly joined by Lauren’s wonderful vocals. Ladies in the 90’s starts with Lauren singing the first verse about her childhood which starts the song of fantastically! The instrumentals used are wonderful and the guitar and drums give the song so much life which I love and it's very Lauren which is rather magical. Lauren's vocal tone is just wonderful throughout and I love how the softer parts allow Lauren's vocals to shine and her softer vocals in the final chorus were just sensational gave the song so much more than I was expecting in a fabulous way!! The lyrics throughout Ladies in the 90's are just amazing and exteremly catchy which brings back all of the incredible memories from the inspiring women we had in 90's within the music industry - I am so grateful that Lauren felt like they needed to be praised in this song!
I can’t believe how many childhood memories this is bringing back for me and never realised how much I would be able to relate to this song and I caught myself relating to most of it!!
THANK YOU Lauren for deciding to release this song giving thanks to all the wonderful female artists!

Country In Me starts with a upbeat instrumental which compliments the first verse as it comes in with Lauren's beautiful soulful vocal range. The first verse is one of pure honesty and the lyrics are wonderfully placed throughout the song giving you a real feel for the song and the meaning of the lyrics to Lauren. The chorus is pure emotional and beautifully written as you can hear that Lauren means every single word that she is singing and I adore this side of Lauren - the country in me is one fantastically song that is beautiful and the second verse is one that made me feel a little emotional with the lemonade in the backyard line, too many childhood memories for me. The instrumental break down in the middle worked fabulously before the bridge and final chorus which showed off Lauren's higher vocal tone which moved me!
Country In Me is definitely my favourite song of this EP.

The Other Side starts with a slow instrumental that had me in tears right from the off because it gave me a real sense of the song. The first verse was one that captivated me right from the off and one that got me thinking about the afterlife. Knowing that Lauren write this song for her stepfather, you really get the perfect feel of emotions in Lauren's vocal. The chorus is nothing but stunningly epic which allows the listeners to hear Lauren's stunning vocals shine through. The song-writing throughout this song is nothing but incredible. The second verse continues in one beautiful way about the next step in life after someone's passing and the realisation that life goes on but you may see them on 'the other side' and you will be able to share your stories. Having recently loved someone rather special in my life, the release of this song was the perfect timing because I really needed to hear this song. The bridge was once again the other part of the song that had me with tears in my eyes leading to the final chorus concluding the song in the most incredibly beautiful way.

You can follow Lauren on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY