INTERVIEW WITH CORONATION STREET NEWCOMER, SYDNEY MARTIN

A few weeks ago, Sydney Martin appeared on our screens revealed as the daughter of PC Lisa Swain's daughter, Betsy. During a press event last month, Sydney revealed a little about her character and her relationship with Vicky Myers.

During a recent press day interview last month in Manchester, Sydney opened up about getting into acting saying: "I loved during shows. I was really shy like when I was on the stage. Never knew it was a career, didn't know it was something you could go into. Got into sixth form had the most amazing drama teacher that I literally owe everything too! Then I happened to get a place, then just graduated drama school and entered the industry then just grafted and then somehow just got here *laughs*."

Talking about how the role of Betsy came about "So, I initially went up for 2 smaller roles which was great to obviously get seen by Coronation Street was fabulous, didn't get them. Two weeks later, they were like do you wanna audition for a series regular. I was like yeah that would be great. Got the audition for Betsy in February, was a 2 month process it was quite a long process." Before commenting about the industry "Just to meet people, it's all about networking and that's what really makes it a beautiful industry."

Photo Credit: ITV/ Coronation Street

When asked where she was when she found out you got the job, Sydney added "I was watching pitch perfect it was the opening credits, and I got a phone call with my flatmates and I ran into the corner of the flat I was like it's gonna be a no keep watching. Then my agent was like go and hand in your notice - I was doing 6 days a week in tesco."

Speaking about her character, Betsy "She's so confident, she's so feisty. It's so fan to go back and replay your teenage years in different shoes."

Sydney, what were you told about Betsy "She's feisty, she's cocky, but she's also such a smart cookie - she's so intelligent which I definitely think has come from the mum."

Photo Credit: ITV/ Coronation Street

Talking about Vicky Myers (DS Swain) being like a second mother, Sydney added "We have the best conversations in the dressing rooms we just to talk about the craziest stuff, everything and anything. I said the other day in another universe we are definitely mother and daughter. We are so similar." Before adding what happened on her first day "Vicky had got me flowers. She just made me feel so appreciative. Vicky really went out of her way to make sure I was looked after." *Sydney got emotional*

Speaking of other cast was made her feel welcome commenting "It's been so welcoming, and Ali (King) she's been so motherly cos we did a lot of scenes together in the beginning."

When asked to describe Betsy, Sydney ended by saying "There is this one jumper that is so comfy - that I have told the costume department if it goes missing it was not me *laughs*.

Coronation Street airs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's at 8pm on ITV and ITVX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES