INTERVIEW WITH CAIT FITTON ABOUT WHAT'S TO COME FOR LAUREN

During next week's visits to Weatherfield, Coronation Street viewers will see Max Platt comfort his friend, Lauren Bolton following her being mugged. However once alone, she doubles over in pain clutching her stomach, what does this mean for Lauren and her unborn baby? Will Max help?

A few weeks ago, viewers learnt that Lauren was pregnant following a showcase with Joel Deering when she came back to visit Roy Cropper in hospital when asked about the storyline, Cait Fitton revealed during a press event last month "Yeah it was a shock. It wasn't anything that me and Callum expected." Before continuing "I was kind of like I wonder why they decided to go down that route but then when I kind of thought about it you know Lauren's never had stability in her life, she's never had love, unconditional love and the thing with a baby is you're that baby's role model like that baby's going to look up to you and you're going to always look out for that baby and it gives Lauren a second chance at life of making a change, you know she's not had a good life, she's been caught up with the police and I don't think that's ever going to go away, you know that's part of Lauren, she's very rough and ready, she's very streetwise but I think by having a baby it's going to make her if anything a little bit more vulnerable and a little bit more maternal I'd like to say, I hope she's maternal, so yeah I think it was a good decision to make definitely, it was definitely a shock, I'm not gonna lie, but no I was very excited, I was very excited."

Talking about next week's episodes where Lauren is mugged, Cait spoke about how vulnerable her character feels saying "The reason I love playing Lauren is because she is that feisty, hot-headed character who isn’t afraid of speaking her mind. But over the past couple of months many things have changed - if you asked me months back how Lauren would respond to being mugged I’d say she would completely kick off and fight back. There's probably an urge to still do that but Lauren as we see her at the moment is in fact vulnerable, with no support unit, and she is also pregnant. So now she is no longer in survival mode for her own safety but also her child's."

Photo Credit: ITV/ Coronation Street

With Lauren experiencing stomach pains next week, she thinks she's in early labour, Cait added about how scared Lauren feels "Lauren is terrified, she has no idea what's happening. She's never been through this before like any soon to be parent. It is terrifying for, especially because she's on her own when this happens and it’s so early. This is not the way it’s meant to be."

When asked do you think Lauren will be a good mother, Cait said "On one hand if you don’t know love, how are you supposed to offer it? But I think for Lauren because she’s never had that unconditional love, having something that’s going to love her unconditionally despite her flaws and imperfections and mistakes, I think that gives her an inner power. To form a human, that takes a lot of strength. She will always make mistakes, everyone does, but I do want her to keep her feistiness."

To end, Cait was asked about what she likes the most about playing Lauren commenting "If you looked at Lauren, from the outside perspective, you’d think she’s known as a madam, she’s got attitude, she’s feisty, but if you look below the surface, there’s so much more than that and that’s why I love playing her. There’s so many layers to the character. I feel really protective of her, I’ve done so much research and I really care for her. I hope that translates on screen."

Coronation Street airs Monday, Wednesday and Friday's at 8pm on ITV and ITVX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES