INTERVIEW WITH SYKAMORE ABOUT HER DEBUT ALBUM, PINTO OUT NOW

Last week, saw Canadian country singer-songwriter, Sykamore release her debut album, Pinto.
Earlier in the week, I had the opportunity to catch up with her to chat about her debut album.


Sykamore, how are you today?
I am great!

You are released your debut album, Pinto last Friday - how are you feeling about the release?
I feel very excited to finally put out the rest of these songs after a year of rolling them out! Can’t wait to hear how everyone feels about the final two.

How did you choose the 12 songs featured on your debut album?
I wanted all these songs to sound like you could listen to them on a road trip, because the album is named after a car after all!

What made you decide on the name Pinto for the album?
I wrote a song called “Pinto” very early on in the writing process for this record and it ended up being heavily inspirational to me. It’s about the Ford Pinto, a car that gained a reputation for being very explosive and combustible, and I couldn’t help but draw a comparison from that to young love. The way it can be fast and exhilarating but also sometimes dangerous and unpredictable. The song is about that, and it serves as the centerpiece for the whole l album.

We know that you draw a lot of emotions within your music, what song would you say is most special for you?
Honestly Pinto is my favourite song on the album because of what it represents to me. It kicked off this entire chapter of my life so it means a lot to me!

What was the writing process like for the album? This is something that always interests me.
It’s fun and difficult! Lol. You want to get it just right but you also don’t want to force anything inauthentic. So it’s a delicate balance. It’s exciting when you start to round the corner and you can start to see an album taking shape within all these songs. That’s when I get excited.

I know how much you love a co-write, how did those come about?
It’s always fun to collaborate with other creative minds. I love to write with people who can build really elaborate, melodic tracks because I am not very gifted in that area. So they have a real way of inspiring me. A lot of the songs on this album were created that way, with a framework track to write along to.

How did you find the recording process, and how long did it take you?
That part really didn’t take long! It was about 3 sessions, 6 hours each. Then I recorded my vocals on different days, which were probably a shorter time frame. Recording is really fun because you can start to really hear these songs come to life and hear them as you heard them in your head for so long. Very rewarding.

I've said it once but I'll say it again, I am excited for the day you come over to the UK to perform?
Yes ma'am! I am very excited to come as well. We have a few Canadian dates coming up, and I am just dying to get across the pond as soon as we can make it happen!

How would you sum up Pinto in just 3 words for anyone wanting to check your album out?
Fresh, Fast, and Passionate.

Thank you so much for your time today, it's always a pleasure to chat with you!
You’re so welcome! Thank you!

You can follow Sykamore on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY