GIG REVIEW - PRISCILLA BLOCK - THE LEXINGTON *HEADLINE LONDON SHOW*

On Wednesday evening (24th August), I was kindly given the opportunity to attend Priscilla Block headline show at The Lexington in London. Priscilla for me as been an artist, I have always wanted to see and I was so excited to finally be seeing her!

*Ticket given in exchange for a review*

Photo Credit: Logen Christopher

Priscilla started her set with Welcome To The Block Party which for me was the perfect opener. Priscilla was full of energy that instantly saw the audience have a fantastic time which whilst throughout the evening! Priscilla then went on to sing Ever Since You Left had the best reaction and one for me that I caught myself to listening rather closely - the energy was so high, My Bar had the best reaction with everyone singing along for that was so beautiful to be apart off, Gotten Good which was beautiful and I loved how the audience in front and behind me were loving her and were listening to the lyrics whilst dancing and singing along. Sarah Jones you offer the perfect vocal.
Before singing Peaked in High School which for me is a personal favourite and the atmosphere was electric especially as it was acoustic.

Priscilla then performed a brand new song and 'that' break up which was gorgeous and finished many stunning lyrics You Found Me Part 2 with some emotional lyrics that I got rather emotional over. Priscilla's vocal tone was stunning. 

Priscilla went on to sing a mash up of 1995 country hits which was beautiful and had many singing along and ones that people weren't 100% aware off but still enjoyed including check yes or no, I like it, I love it, and Any man of mine and one more that I wasn't sure of the title.

Before going on to perform Off The Deep End that is currently my favourite song with the lyrics to me knowing so much. The audience was singing along from the very first word, and Priscilla was loving the audiences reaction. I Bet You Wanna Know such was full of sass, and the audience loved it! Up next was I Know A Girl which was a little slower for the audience but one the audience adored as the lyrics are full of a lot of honesty that people appreciated hearing, Wish You Were The Whiskey had a proper country feel which the audience adored and everyone around me was singing. Priscilla got a little emotional sharing it's emotional story before Like A Boy was an emotional one, Thick Thighs which was one that everyone was singing along too - what an fantastic atmosphere with the room being on fire, and one thing I have to say her on is her energy and wanting the audience to know a little about her and writing about exactly what many people need to hear with such honesty.
Priscilla ended her London date with her debut single, Just About Over You that for me was the perfect end to the evening. Priscilla even opened up to us audience members making us all a little emotional. I walked away on such a high from the whole gig, Priscilla is incredible!

It was an absolute honour being at Priscilla Headline London Gig. I have to give a lot of praise to her band because they are so talented!

You can follow Priscilla on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY