WHY WATERLOO ROAD RETURNING IS AMAZING NEWS

Everyone that knows me knows how much I loved watching Waterloo Road and have done since the very first episode.
This mornings news of the show returning and being set in Manchester had me thrilled! And by the look of my Twitter many others of you were too!

I may have only been a teenager when the first of a new drama series called Waterloo Road aired back on 9th March, 2006 but what I do remember is how excited I was for new drama series based on a school to be on TV.
When the show ended exactly 9 years after it first aired on 9th March, 2015 on BBC One, I was upset but glad that the final episode was left open for a possible return in the future (which is clearly happening after today's announcement). 

Waterloo Road was the one show that through lockdown 1.0 got me realising just how much I loved and missed the show, and I have never hidden the fact that my favourite series was season 4 as it has been the one that has stuck with me thanks to it being the most full of drama in every single episode as you didn't know what to expect. Series 6, 7, 8 and 9 (I'd like to see Connor and Imogen returning with their family which they were talking about) were also brilliant series for me thanks to the characters they introduced and the fact that some of my favourite actors were apart of the series.
However the final episode of series 10 was the one that had me the most emotional as it saw the show come to an end leaving it open for a possibility show return and every time I have watched the episode I have thought this.

Something that Waterloo Road did extremely well over the years were the many storylines as they highlighted many important issues that have helped viewers, I can't wait to see what they will bring to us viewers this time around.

All I hope for with the return of Waterloo Road is that we will see some of the old characters that we loved cropping back up onto our screens for example, Rachel Mason would be a great one as I would love to see Eva Pope reprise her role, along with my personal favourite couple, Chlo and Donte Charles having Adam Thomas and Katie Griffiths back to play them as their daughter, Izzie would be old enough to attend Waterloo Road herself. I would personally like to hope that they bring Chlo's sister, Mika back hopefully played once again by Lauren Drummond - fingers crossed!
It would be lovely to see Janecee back too! And maybe Scout Allen back as a teacher.
 
It would also be wonderful to see past characters children on screen as well. I also hope that there will be a nod to the past characters with rooms named after them.
Let's hope they can bring some of the same writers back for the new series.

I can't wait for Waterloo Road to air back in BBC One in 2022 allowing for many actors to have their moment to shine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY