C2C FESTIVAL VIRTUAL HIGHLIGHTS

With Country 2 Country being cancelled once again, it was wonderful to see BBC Radio 2, Country Music Association, and C2C festival themselves putting on a whole weekend celebrating this wonderful genre of music that many of us know, and love!

The 4 day virtual festival started on Thursday Evening at 9pm on BBC Radio 2 in Bob Harris OBE time slot - Ashley McBryde, Shy Carter, Brett Young, and Cam all took part in a mini songwriters round coming to us from Nashville.
What a wonderful show this was hearing all 4 of the artists perform a few of their own songs - I caught myself falling in love with Brett Young's music all over again, whilst discovering that Shy Carter had actually co-wrote on two of my favourite songs in Kane Brown's Heaven, and Charlie Puth's One Call Away what a voice, Shy has! Shy is one artist, I can't wait to see live when he comes to the UK one day. Cam, and Ashley McBryde amaze me even more every single time, I got the opportunity to hear them live. Girl Like Me by Cam was my highlight of the evening.

On Friday morning, BBC Radio 2 had Thomas Rhett talking to Zoe Ball, followed by Luke Combs performing on the Ken Bruce show.
Then on Friday Evening, Country Music Association shared 2 songs from new up, and coming artists - Brooke Eden, Kameron Marlowe, Ian Munsick, Heath Saunders, and my personal favourite new artist, Priscilla Block as part of their introducing Nashville showcase.
I adored hearing Priscilla Block's Just About Over You with a band in a softer tone, but always hearing My Bar which I have to admit has become a brand new favourite song of mine thanks to this weekend.

Saturday Morning, Kelsea Ballerini's First Name Basis show was placed on BBC Sounds, and what amazing listening it made. The stories Kelsea has from the tours she has been on, and all the artists she chose to play in her 60 minute show were ones that she respected, and adored. Loved seeing a different side to Kelsea.

On Saturday Evening, C2C showed their C2C Berlin show from last year which featured many of my favourite artists in Tenille Arts, Tenille Townes, Caylee Hammack, Lindsay Ell, Luke Combs, Brett Young, Abby Anderson, alongside many more artists I enjoyed listening too.
My highlights were Caylee Hammack's Just Friends what a performance. Kassi Ashton's Pretty Shiny Things the vocal delivery throughout of this song was magical, and I am so glad it was the song that gave her her record deal, I can definitely see why. I don't lovE you from Lindsay Ell had me a little emotional. Jimmie Allen is one artist, I am very excited to see live after his set. I adored the Introducing Nashville songwriters round with Abby Anderson, Eric Paslay, and Tenille Townes all of their performances tucked on my heartstrings. There is something for me about Tenille Arts especially as she performed my favourite song Everybody Knows Everybody incredibly! Then there is Tenille Townes that always has me feeling emotional, and very excited for every single performance they deliver. 
Once again, I caught myself loving Brett Young, really enjoyed discovering Filmore too. Another thing, I learnt was Charles Esten can definitely play the guitar.
Luke Combs as the headliner was just INCREDIBLE - he is one artist, I am extremely excited about seeing live!

The event ended on Sunday Evening with a 2-hour special on BBC Radio 2 which saw the show feature many highlights of the festival itself with live performances from over the past 8 years that C2C has been going, hosted by Bob Harris OBE like it would have been if it was at the O2 which was just fantastic. The Radio 2 Celebrates Country evening opened with Maren Morris who sung a 3 song featuring 80's Mercedes, I Could Use A Love Song, and My Church which only reminded me what an amazing live performance she gives every single show, and song. Kelsea Ballerini also performed 3 songs including Unapologetically, I Hate Love Songs, and Legends which allowed me the opportunity to just sit and listen to Kelsea's incredible songwriting. Luke Combs for me was the one I was very excited about hearing this morning alongside Carrie Underwood - I was so glad that he didn't disappointment with his 3 song set.

The evening also featured Thomas Rhett, Old Dominion, Charles Esten, Ashley Campbell, Marty Stuart, and Eric Church who headlined.

My Highlight of tonight was definitely Carrie Underwood everyone who knows me knows how much Carrie inspires me with her incredible music tonight was no exception which he performed Smoke Break, Two Black Cadillacs, and Jesus, Take The Wheel with these songs seeing Carrie demonstrating her sensational vocal range! Jesus, Take The Wheel always has me feeling so emotional, and tonight I cried as I was listening.

Thank you again to everyone involved in the BBC Radio 2 team, Country Music Association for all your hard work, and finally, Country2Country for giving us this wonderful weekend of music like the festival was actually going ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY