SINGLE REVIEW - EMILY FAYE - FEARLESS

This Friday (29th May) will see British singer-songwriter, Emily Faye release her brand new and second single of 2020, Fearless.
Fearless was co-written with Sue McMillan who also produced the single too.
Fearless was mixed and Mastered by Adrian Hall.

You can read my interview with Emily about Fearless here.

What Emily says about Fearless: 'For a long while, I was too afraid to tap into my vulnerability with my writing. I find it easier to write about other people’s stories and experiences. However, Fearless came from a place of vulnerability and courage, and the fact that they both come hand in hand. It’s raw and my absolute truth, and it basically shows my journey from trying to be perfect, to learning to accept that it’s ok not to be. I really hope you enjoy it and it speaks to you in one way or another.'

Fearless starts with an beautifully slow instrumental with many different instruments.
The first verse sees Emily's softer vocal which allows you to hear the lyrics right from Emily's heart and perspective with the relatable lyrics. I love Emily is singing about what everyone is afraid to say about themselves but we all have our insecurities and that's 'normal'.
The chorus features a lot of poignant lyrics that I think a lot of listeners will be able to relate with and I think hearing these lyrics will help a lot of people stop comparing themselves to others even if it's just a little bit less.
The second verse continues Fearless in one hell of a stunning way and you can hear that place of hurt that Emily has written the song from in her life. I love how Emily used the word Brave alongside the word comparing because this is something that a lot of us do and it's bad for our mental health, but I know a lot of us listeners can't help it!
The chorus is stunning and I love how much it is sung throughout the song because the message in the lyrics is something, we all need to hear and hopefully it will help listeners to see that we all go through this moment in our lives at times and it's ok but we need to do it a little less.

You can follow Emily on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY