ALBUM REVIEW - KIP MOORE - WILD WORLD

This Friday (29th May) will see US singer-songwriter, Kip Moore release his latest album, Wild World.
Wild World features 13 songs.

Janie Blu starts with a guitar instrumental which supports the song throughout. The first verse sees Kip's rocky but upbeat vocals right from the off which I absolutely loved as it is so Kip whilst also allowing his wonderfully song-writing to come through. The lyrics are so catchy and ones that you can tell us been written based on a hard time especially as the chorus comes in. The chorus is my favourite part of the song as it allows listeners to get a real feel for who Kip is as an artist and for me its discovering another side to Kip which I am loving. The second verse continues the song wonderfully with guitar break down ahead of the lyrics starting up again which lead to some lyrics that get you thinking leading very nicely into the chorus. The final verse sees Kip's rocky and heartfelt vocal shine which I have to admit makes me feel a little emotional but that's thanks to the amazing lyrics.

Southpaw has an electric guitar and drum instrumental throughout which leads into the first verse which sees Kip's husky and deep vocals which are giving me proper country vibes and the lyrics are ones that happen to make me think of America. Southpaw is definitely a road trip song which I absolutely love. The chorus sees Kip's vocal tone as it allows his crisp vocals to be displayed in one wonderful country way, and this is one song, I am excited about hearing on the radio. The lyrics within the chrous are ones which are super catchy and happy. The second verse continues Southpaw wonderfully and the story telling within the lyrics is something that I absolutely love. I love how the lyrics are one of honesty but also ones that are catchy. The more I hear the chorus the more, I am wanting to sing along and dance along too. The instrumental ahead of the final verse was wonderfully suited to that part of the song giving us listeners the chance to listen to Kip's amazing vocals. Southpaw ends with a final chorus which is started in a softer tone before heading back up to Kip's crisp tone which is the perfect end for this song.

Fire And Flame starts with a quirky and darker instrumental which I think for the title is fabulous because it gives you a feel for what the song is about right from the start. The first verse sees Kip's darker vocal tone demonstrated wonderfully as it works so well for the lyrics being sung and the feel of the song which is one hell of a brave move from Kip. The chorus of Fire And Flame brings so move volume to the song allowing it to grow in the most natural way. Fire And Flame brings so much character to the song in a way that I wasn't expecting but one that gets you thinking about that certain time you did something bad and thought you were 'playing with fire'. The second verse sees the growth of the song continue in just little softer tone which breaks the song up wonderfully allows the listeners to take in the lyrics. The bridge of the song sees the songs most poignant lyrics being sung in a most softer vocal tone going wonderfully into the final chorus which happened to lead the song to its most natural beautiful end.

Wild World starts with a softer guitar instrumental giving the song a little more of a softer feel and with the softer vocal on the first verse, I love this song. The first verse of Wild World sees Kip's softer vocal continue throughout this verse which allows the song-writing it's chance to shine which is an amazing move from Kip. Wild World features some incredibly wonderful lyrics from Kip that I couldn't help but listen extremely closely too. Wild World demonstrates to everyone what an amazing artist, Kip is. The chorus sees Wild World develop into this magical song which I can't help but enjoy so much as everything I personally love about a song is in this one. The second verse continues the song in it's most natural way allowing the listeners to hear everything single lyrics being sung with the help of it's softer vocal from Kip. The final verse of Wild World sees Kip's husky vocal return once again on this album which is something I am loving. Wild World ends with Kip's softer vocals on the chorus bringing everything to it's most beautiful end.
          
Red White Blue Jean American Dream starts with a quirky, upbeat guitar instrumental which allows the album the perfect break up. The first verse sees Kip's softer vocal range have it's moment to shine ahead of it's more upbeat vocal in the chorus which allows listeners the chance to hear all the very different sides of Kip - which for me is something I am loving from this album (having only recently started enjoying Kip's music, so I hope this explains a lot!) The lyrics within the chorus are so catchy and happen to just roll off your tongue making it a lot more versatile. The second verse continues Red White Blue Jean American Dream wonderfully with the vocal arrangement being one that allows the lyrics to show so much about the song and it's style. The final verse into the final chrous was the part of the song that I happened to love the most if I am honest.
I love the proper American style and feel you get when listening to this song and the instrumental is just wonderfully throughout.

She's Mine starts with a guitar instrumental which is something, I am learning to love about Kip's music and his style of instrumental is one that brings a lot to his songs. The first verse sees Kip's soft vocal come through with his heartfelt lyrics which allow us listeners to get a real feel of Kip's softer more vulnerable side, I have to admit this moved me a little. The lyrics are clearly written from the heart. The chorus of She's Mine is one that gets a little louder and more Kip style the more you get into the song which is something, I am loving as the song is taking you on a journey. The instrumental ahead of the second verse broke the song up a little which was a smart move. The second verse sees Kip's softer vocal return as the lyrics get a little more upbeat which I am loving. She's Mine takes you on one hell of a journey - but songs that do this for me are wonderful to listen too! She's Mine ends with a final chorus that happens to end the song in one lovely way as you get to hear Kip's vocals right down to the very end.
    
Hey Old Lover starts with an electric guitar instrumental. The first verse is one that sets the tone of the song with it's vulnerability right from the start that had me a little choked because of the emotion that overcome me as you listened to the opening lines thinking about that one relationship we have all had. The lyrics are written from a place of heartache and heartbreak which is something, I wasn't expecting from the title name. The chorus brings the real meaning of the song to it's head and its ties together every single verse beautifully. The second verse continues with very enduring lyrics which I can't help but listen extremely clearly too with Kip's sweeter vocal complimenting everything together wonderfully. Hey Old Lover ends with the final verse in a little more rocker sound which suits this song down to a T, if I am honest.

Grow On You starts with funky and more upbeat guitar instrumental which is something for me that is very Kip and I love that about this song. The first verse sees Kip's more rocker and edgier side of his vocals, this alongside the songwriting is something that is making the song so magical and one of my favourites on this album. The chorus sees some of my favourite lyrics of song come to my attention allowing everything within the song to tie together so wonderfully. The instrumental break down is something that is so cleverly done. The second verse continues with Kip's rocker vocals being demonstrated with many emotional lyrics that was a very clever move, Kip - well done. The fact that Grow On You has an instrumental towards the end is something for me that makes the song magical as it heads into the final chorus - what a beautiful move, and a perfect one for the album.
   
More Than Enough has a guitar instrumental which sets the song up. The first verse allows the listeners to hear Kip's wonderful vocal in a song that has a lot of meaning right from the off which I have to admit gave me some goosebumps as I was listening. The chorus adds another dynamic to the song with it being a little more emotional and hard hitting thanks to the heartfelt vocals. The song-writing throughout More Than Enough is something that is rather special throughout the chrous. The second verse allows More Than Enough to continue the story beautifully and at a pace that allows us listeners to have our own interruptions of the song which I love and is something that is so beautiful. The final verse into the bridge then into the final chorus were my favourite parts of the something as you hear so many incredible vocal ranges which I loved.

Sweet Virginia starts with a soulful guitar instrumental opening the song up wonderfully and giving us a real feel for the song ahead. In the first verse, listeners hear Kip's soulful softer sounding vocal which happens to add a lot to this song the more you get into the song. The song-writing is beautifully demonstrated throughout and in a way that is very 'Kip' making this song so unique. The chorus sees some incredibly written lyrics sung in a crispy vocal. In the second verse, Kip demonstrates his softer vocal which happens to add another dynamic to the song which I wasn't expecting. I love how Kip's instrumentals are always so cleverly and fantastically thought about as to when and how he does them in every song. The bridge of the song sees the most poignant lyrics of the song being highlighted in his edger vocal which I happen to think suit this song so much and what an incredible move by Kip. I also love how Sweet Virginia ends with the instrumental allowing him to show the real musician within him.

South starts with a starts with a darker sounding instrumental, which for the first time on the album I wasn't 100% sure about this song but the more, I got into the song the more I was opened to the song and it's sounding. The first verse sees Kip's softer and his edger side of his vocal range shown. The lyrics are ones that a very thought about and written in an amazing way - Kip's songwriting is shown wonderfully and throughout this album, I have been amazed and this song in particular. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics which get you to real feel the lyrics within the way that Kip wants you to hear them. The second verse continues the song with its rocker vocal tone that I happened to love a lot as it connected the chorus to the verse perfectly. Ahead of the final chorus, listeners are treated to an instrumental break down which in my opinion was perfectly timed.

Crazy For You Tonight starts with a sweet sounding guitar instrumental which leads very nicely into the first verse. The first verse showcases Kip's softer and more romantic side within the lyrics of this song allowing us listeners to get a real feel for the other side of who Kip is as a person and singer/ songwriter which I am loving! The journey the songs lyrics take you in the chorus is one that is so breathtaking and makes me love who Kip is as an artist. The second verse continues Crazy For You Tonight in one hell of a wonderfully romantic way that I wasn't expecting but one that is working so well throughout. The final verse sees is one that shows Kip's softer and sweeter side of his vocals and the songs lyrics which happened to break the song up wonderfully. I loved the instrumental break down after the final verse as it allowed the instrumental guitar skills to be shown off which led fantastically in the final part of the song ending it naturally.

Payin’ Hard starts with a quirky upbeat guitar instrumental which for me in a perfect way to end this album. In the first verse listeners get to hear Kip's softer vocal range which happens to allow the lyrics to shine through and the songwriting set off the most wonderful story with the journey of life. The chorus features some of my favourite lyrics that you can tell have been written from a place of experience and you hear this wonderful life story kind of sound which I have to admit moved me and got me thinking about my own life. The second verse of Payin' Hard continued the story within the story very well and beautifully as Kip kept the same vocal range throughout which was one amazing move, I have to admit. The final verse of Payin' Hard sees Kip's rocky vocal come through which was the perfect end for the song.

You can follow Kip on his Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY