AN INTERVIEW WITH JADE HELLIWELL ABOUT HER LATEST SINGLE, THE MOMENT OUT TODAY

Today (Friday 1st May) will see British singer-songwriter, Jade Helliwell release her latest single, The Moment and I caught up with Jade to talk about the single.

You can read my review of The Moment here.

Good Morning, Jade. Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview once again with me, but this time about your latest single, The Moment which is out later this week.

How are you during this crazy time?
Hey! I’m doing well thanks, managing to stay sane by running a weekly live stream on Facebook every Thursday at 7pm, doing lots of Skype writing and collaborative projects.
I love how you are using this time as one of motivation with your livestreams which I have to admit, I am loving watching.

How are you feeling about releasing
The Moment today?
I am super excited to release The Moment. I love how the tracks turned out. It’s unknown territory releasing music when we can’t go out the house to promote but it’s something I'm excited to see how people react to it and I couldn’t let isolation stop me putting music out!

Jade, can I please ask you tell us a little about your latest single, The Moment?

The Moment is a song about second guessing how we react to situations. Wondering if we missed the chance to capture something beautiful.
Jade, I have to tell you that I absolutely love The Moment.

My next question is one that I am very intrigued to know personally, how look did it take you to write The Moment?
I wrote this one with Kaity Rae about a year ago. We spent the afternoon writing and recording a demo and it just flowed pretty naturally. I think we both had situations we could pull from.

Was there a certain situation which inspired the writing of The Moment?
The idea was something Kaity had but I instantly knew of a situation I could relate to. I was thinking back to when I first started spending time with my now boyfriend. We were just friends but I knew I wanted it to be more than a friendship. There was specifically a time at Buckle and Boots Festival where I thought he was going to kiss me but he didn’t and I questioned myself after in case I’d missed my chance’.(luckily not as we’ve been together 3 years now! Ha)

Did you always know you wanted to release The Moment as a single?
I knew I wanted to release it as a single but I didn’t know when. This wasn’t the plan for this month originally but given the current state it made sense to go ahead and release sooner than planned.

Then, I have to ask you how was the recording for The Moment
?
It was a whole different experience. Due to lockdown, I couldn’t head to the studio. Kaity recorded the piano at hers, I recorded my vocals at home and my producer Rob Gulston and The Banger Hanger worked his magic to make it sound like it does.

How would you sum up your single, The Moment
 in just 3 words for anyone wanting to check it out?
Emotional, Honest, and Reflective.

Now, I have to ask you does releasing 
The Moment mean that there is another single on its way soon or maybe an EP?
I have another single that I will be heading to record as soon as the world records to normal!
Thank you so much for your time today, Jade.

I am very grateful! I am very excited for you to see what the reaction is to the single.

You can follow Jade on her social media
Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY