DEBUT EP REVIEW - CHARLOTTE YOUNG - BLOWN AWAY

This Friday (8th May) will see UK based singer-songwriter from Birmingham, Charlotte Young release her debut EP, Blown Away.
Blown Away is made up of 4 tracks.

Whiplash starts with a guitar instrumental which gives you a wonderful feel for the way that the song is going to go and within the first line, I loved the tone of the song. The first verse allows Charlotte to show everyone her amazing soft vocal that allows the songwriting to come through. The message within Whiplash is one that I didn't expect by one that I loved hearing. There is something so magical about Charlotte's vocal range throughout the whole song especially the first verse into it's chorus. The chorus allows Charlotte's soulful vocal range to shine through with the catchiness of the lyrics. Charlotte's little higher vocal range was wonderful ahead of it's lyrics being a little more upbeat. The second verse of Whiplash continues the storytelling within the song wonderfully and I am in awe of Charlotte's voice on her debut single and I can't believe this is only her debut single - Charlotte really suits the Country Music Genre. The instrumental break down in the middle of Whiplash was just perfect and when the final chorus came in, I had goosebumps because Charlotte's vocal range changed which I didn't expect but it worked incredibly well.

Blown Away starts with a piano, drum and guitar instrumental which brings another side to this EP which I never knew, I needed. The first verse sees Charlotte softer yet crisp vocal range shine with the lyrics complimenting her vocal very well and in a way that had me wanting to sing along reminding me of the perfect road trip song (if we could go anyway at the moment)!  The lyrics are written from the heart and of a place of hurt. The chorus of Blown Away is one that blows me away with her stunning vocal range and the lyrics being so open and hurt which for me is something, I adore hearing. I love how isn't afraid to write about the future with a little evidence of her past which tells me that she is serious about what she wants from her future and she sure knows how to get there. The second verse continues Blown Away beautifully with the softer vocal tone continuing with lyrics that get you thinking and listening very closely and you can't help but sing along with (or is it just me?) The final verse brings the song to a beautiful and wild kind of end ahead of the final chrous which ends the song in the most beautiful way. Charlotte demonstrates her incredible vocal ranges so incredibly well throughout giving me goosebumps on the final chorus.

Half A Bottle starts with a softer piano instrumental which for me is something that I love hearing on songs like this. The first verse sees Charlotte's more softer and vulnerable vocal range come through whilst the lyrics compliment everything about the song. There is something about Charlotte's vocal range that completely blows me away, in the most breathtaking way. The instrumental suits the tone of the song in the most beautiful way. The chorus sees Charlotte's softer vocal range continue with the lyrics having their wow moment with the song writing from Charlotte coming through in the most beautiful way which allows the audience to get to know who Charlotte is as a young artist. The second verse continues Half A Bottle wonderfully which sees the listeners given the chance to hear her crisper side of vocals once again on this EP. There is something so beautifully unique about the lyrics that has given me so many wow moments during this song for sure. The final verse continues Half A Bottle wonderfully going into the final chorus with the lyrics being slowed down allowing the listeners to take in the vocals for one final time which I loved a lot.

Passenger Side starts with a soft sounding piano instrumental which for me gives me so many feels ahead of the song. The first verse sees Charlotte's warm vocal tone which allows us listeners to get a real feel for the song and it's emotions from within Charlotte's song-writing. The lyrics of the verse take you on one hell of a journey - and it's songs like this that are so magical and one that everyone needs to hear. The chorus of Passenger Side sees Charlotte showcases her a little higher but softer vocal range which compliment the lyrics of the song extremely well whilst allowing Charlotte to get the point of the song across which is something I absolutely love about Charlotte's music. The more, I hear the chorus the more I catch myself being able to relate to a little part of it, like many others will too. The second verse continues with Charlotte's crisp vocal range which continue to compliment the lyrics and Charlotte's vocal tone so incredibly well and in a way that is so special and unique to Charlotte! The middle of Passenger Side sees Charlotte's vocal change and gives her a moment to shine before it goes into an amazing instrumental before Passenger Side ends with the chorus bringing the song to it's most natural end with Charlotte's softer but crisp vocal tone.

You can follow Charlotte on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY