EP REVIEW - CHASE RICE - THE ALBUM PART II

This Friday (15th May) will see US RIAA Diamond and Multi-Platinum selling songwriter & artist Chase Rice as he is set to release the follow up to January’s surprise release The Album Part I.
The Album Part II is made up of 4 brand new songs.

The Album Part II was produced by Chris DeStefano.

You starts with a beautiful soft piano instrumental which happens to open the song wonderfully. The first verse sees Chase's crisp vocals take led on the song which I loved and opened the song up with one wonderful lyrics which leads the song fantastically into the chrous. The chorus of You is the part of the song that you get a real feel for the meaning within the song about the one person in your life who you can't live without and puts you back together when you are breaking or feel like you are - this message is what I love about this song. The second verse continues You beautifully and you continue to break a picture with the lyrics which are being sung - there is something so beautiful about the song and it's picture which I love so much. I love the softer and slower vocals within the final verse which allowed You to open up a little more. The vocals are just on fire throughout this song - one song I can't wait to hear on the radio. The ending of the song is just beautiful and I like how it comes to a natural end.

Break. Up. Drunk. starts with an radio sounding microphone which I happen to love and gave me a very characterised start into the song which Chase has a softer sounding vocals that happen to allow the lyrics to shine through beautifully which I wasn't expecting having heard the first few words. The guitar instrumental which comes in after the intro is just wonderful and bought so much character to the song - a proper country feel. The first verse sees Chase's more country sounding vocals coming through with some fantastic lyrics as it goes into the songs chorus. The chorus sees Chase's softer vocals which continue to amaze me and I caught myself signing along with the song thanks to it's beautiful lyrics. Break. Up. Drunk. is the perfect party song. The second verse continues Break. Up. Drunk. fantastically has it's one of those all round good songs for a country music festival. The final verse of Break. Up. Drunk. sees the song get a little more party based that for me is just amazing and gives me so many party feels.

Down Home Runs Deep
starts with an guitar instrumental which happens to add a little volume to the song before Chase's vocal come in. The first verse sees Chase's softer husker vocal range demonstrated right from the start which was something, I liked a lot. You get a real homely feel about the song from the very first lyric songs like this are so special to me. I love how this story grows the more you hear the lyrics and us listeners can relate the lyrics back in a way to our own lives. The chorus of Down Home Runs Deep you get this real sense of home and the lessons it teaches us as we are growing up and have made us into the people we are today. The second verse sees Chase continue Down Home Runs Deep in the most stunning and emotional way, that I couldn't help but think about myself childhood thanks to Chase's vocal tone. The small instrumental break down in the middle of the song allows us listeners the chance to reflect on the lyrics whilst also awaiting the final verse which pieces the song together beautifully in my opinion. The final verse/ The bridge/ Down Home Runs Deep ends with the chorus allowing Down Home Runs Deep to come together perfectly. Down Home Runs Deep is written straight from the heart, and what an incredibly beautiful song.

Belong 
starts with an piano instrumental which I have to admit wasn't expecting thanks to the title I thought it would be a guitar only instrumental. The first verse sees Chase's softer vocal tone that happens to allow the super meaningful lyrics to just roll out giving me such a heartfelt feeling about the song. The lyrics are so special and beautiful. The chorus connects every single lyrics from the first verse beautifully into the chorus and from the chrous in the second verse. I caught myself wanting to sing along despite not having a clue of the lyrics. The second verse continues with Chase's fantastic vocal with the real life relatable lyrics that you can't help but think about our own lives as we are listening to these wonderful lyrics. The lyrics is the part of the song that you can't help but hear how everything in this song joins up. The instrumental in the middle of Belong alongside Chase's softer vocal tone singing a little, still adding a little character. The final verse sees Chase's softer vocal range demonstrated fantastically as it is taken a back to the chorus which I absolutely love. Belong ending with the chorus is just beautiful and I love how Chase's singing right up until the end.

You can follow Chase on his Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY