INTERVIEW WITH KELSEY LAMB

This week's interview is with US singer-songwriter, Kelsey Lamb who I discovered in the middle of 2019, thanks to the release of her debut single, Girl In A Bar and since I have enjoyed following every step of her journey. I can't quite believe I got the opportunity to interview her.

Morning, Kelsey. Hope you're well.
Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me, it's wonderful to be finally be featuring you! You have been one artist, I have been wanted to feature for a while.

Firstly, I would like you to introduce yourselves to our readers?
Hi! My name is Kelsey Lamb, I am a country singer-songwriter living in Nashville but am originally from Arkansas. I have lived here for about 3 years, and released 5 original songs that you can find wherever you stream music :) I also love donuts, pilates and spending time with my people! 

How old were you were you decided to start writing your own songs? And when did you write and perform your first song?
I started writing pretty recently actually! So, it was probably 5 years ago that I actually got the chance to be apart of the writing process for the first time. But, I didn't actually start performing my own original music until I moved to Nashville 3 years ago!

Where did you first perform any of yours songs and how old were you?​
My first performance of original music was about 3 years ago at a place in Nashville 'Whiskey Room Live' which is actually a bowling alley in Franklin, TN.

What is your favourite country song and who is your favourite country artist (can be more than one)?
My favorite song EVER is Alison Krauss' version of When You Say Nothing At All, I would definitely say that this song is what inspired me to take the leap of pursuing my dream of being in music! My favorite country artist, right now is Carly Pearce. I am obsessed with her story, her voice and her songwriting!

What is the most inspirational song you have heard?​
Oh man, I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one! BUT, most inspirational album to me is Avril Lavigne's "Let Go" . I've always been a huge fan of her vulnerability in her music and the way she isn't afraid to be so apologetically honest with her emotions. This album really inspires my songwriting a lot. I always remind myself to how her music made me feel less alone when I was growing up and going through the awkward teenage years and try my hardest to make sure my music does that same thing for listeners!

Now to talk about your plans for 2020

2019, saw you release your debut EP which I have to admit I absolutely love. You first came to my attention when you released your music video for Girl In A Bar which I have to admit is one wonderful song.

How would you describe your music in 3 words?
2019, was the craziest year of my life! In good and bad ways, haha. I did release the first two tracks off of my upcoming EP!

What are you hopes for 2020?
My biggest hope for 2020 is to release as much music as possible! I have so much I wanna say, so many stories I cannot wait to tell!

And before I let you go, I have to ask can we expect a UK trip from you in 2020?
Gosh, I am crossing my fingers for this to hopefully happen!!
Thank you so much for your time today, Kelsey.
I wish you all the very best! Hopefully speak to you again this year.

You can follow Kelsey on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY