DEBUT EP REVIEW - TENILLE TOWNES - ROAD TO THE LEMONADE STAND

Tomorrow (Friday 7th February) will see Canadian singer-songwriter, Tenille Townes release her debut EP, Road To The Lemonade Stand.
Road To The Lemonade Stand is made up of 6 songs with 5 being written by Tenille and alongside co-writers whilst track 6 was written by Dave Berg, Deanne Bryant and Sarah Buxton.

Holding Out For The One starts with an upbeat instrumental which I have to admit I love for the start of Tenille's latest EP. The first verse demonstrates Tenille's happy and little rockier vocal range allowing Tenille's song-writing to shine through with the lyrics being catchy. The lyrics is one hell of a catchy one which allows the listeners to get a real feel for the song and the message that she is trying to get out there with this song. The second verse continues the story within the song in the most wonderful way and you can hear the rollercoaster of the journey in which Tenille has been or is going through at the moment. The bridge shows some of the catchy lyrics in a softer way which gives the song so much more than I would have expected before the song ended with the chorus once again which ended the song in a fabulous way. The rollercoaster of emotion which the song takes the listeners on is nothing but amazing.

White Horse starts with a drumming instrumental as well as a guitar which had me gripped from the very start which made the song magical for me. The first verse is one of a rocker nature but one that worked for the style of song and lyrics within the song. Tenille's sharper vocal range was something that I absolutely loved and gave such a different dynamic to the EP. The lyrics are so catchy and relatable at times. The chorus had me singing along from the first note thanks to the catchiness of the lyrics. The storytelling from Tenille once again is beyond incredible. The second verse continues the story of the song wonderfully and continues to take you on a journey as Tenille is singing. The bridge of White Horse allowed Tenille to show off her softer vocal range whilst also still being able to rock out a little too. I adore the choice of the chorus ending the song because once again it ties the song up incredibly well!

Jersey On The Wall (I’m Just Asking) starts with a beautiful drumming instrumental which had me hooked from the very first moment. The first verse is one that makes me emotional because you can really hear the truth in the story Tenille is singing and this is something that memorises me! Tenille's softer vocals allow all of the emotions to come across. The chorus is the part of the song that gets me thinking a lot as well as feeling very emotional as I also caught myself thinking far too much into the lyrics but I suppose that's what makes a song like this even more wonderful as well as the guitar instrumental which allows the songwriting to shine through.The second verse took me thinking about my high schools memories and where everyone is and how they are doing, and all the parents that have probably lost a child since and it's a heart-breaking thought so songs like this are so healing and worth while for me personally. Tenille's powerful vocals was shown magically in the bridge of the song before the final chorus of the song giving me goosebumps!

I Kept The Roses starts with the first verse straight in a very different kind of style song for this album but it's one that broke the album up wonderfully. Tenille's crisp vocal tone allowed the songwriting and lyrics to shine through straight away, I absolutely adore the message within the lyrics. I Kept The Roses is a song that I caught myself a lot of times going off into my own little world. The chorus features some wonderfully catchy lyrics which I absolutely loved giving me so many raw and honest feelings. The second verse is the part of the song that got me thinking and caught myself listening very carefully to the lyrics before I heard a lyric that resonated with me. Tenille's dreaming vocal range was something that suited this style of song so incredibly well and you can hear how much the song means to Tenille.  I adored the fact that I Kept The Roses ended with the chorus because it bought the song together in the most wonderful way thanks to Tenille's memorising vocals. There is something so magically unique about the song.

Somebody’s Daughter starts with a quirky guitar instrumental which had me hooked right from the start. The first verse is one got me thinking instantly about the lyrics and how quickly someone can go off the rails in times of struggle with no where to turn - songs like this are so powerful making it worthwhile when you are writing. The chorus is very catchy and one that made me quickly want to sing along. The lyrics are standout and there is something so incredible about Tenille's songwriting ability that has moved me once again. Tenille's vocal range is definitely demonstrated fantastically well throughout all aspects of the song in my opinion. The second verse continues the story of the song fantastically as I caught myself wanting to cry because at times I caught myself thinking about a friend who's been in a similar position. The final verse is one that sums up the song in the most wonderfully incredible way and one that makes me smile thanks to the selective lyrics but emotional lyrics before Somebody's Daughter ends with the final chorus tying the song together perfectly giving Tenille one final chance to show off her incredibly vocal range.

Stupid Boy starts with a beautiful stripped back instrumental on this Keith Urban song which happens to hold a very special place in my heart. The first verse showcases Tenille's soulful and meaningful lyrics and one that I caught myself getting emotional over. The chorus is the part of the song that I started singing along with despite crying thanks to Tenille's vocal range and the vulnerability from Tenille's vocals which is something I absoultely adore. I can't get over how stripped back Tenille's version of this song is and how incredibly raw and honest her take on the lyrics are... GOOSEBUMPS!! The second verse was the part of the song which heard Tenille's crisp vocal range shine through in the most beautiful way leading to the chorus sounding even more wonderful the second time around. The lyrics of the bridge were the most poignant part of this song for me and followed by the instrumental I have nothing but praise for this version of the song - it's so incredibly different!
I love the extra verse/ bridge near the end of the song because it allowed Tenille to add a little twist to this classic song. Tenille's vocal range has been demonstrated wonderfully throughout the song.

You can follow Tenille on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY