INTERVIEW WITH REYA JAYNE AS SHE RELEASES HER DEBUT SINGLE, HOMELESS TODAY

Today (Friday 21st February) will see British singer-songwriter, Reya Jayne release her debut single, Homeless.

Good Morning, Reya Jayne. Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me about your debut single, Homeless.
How are you feeling on the release day of your debut single?
Thank you so much for having me! I could not be more excited for the world to finally hear this song! Definitely a mixture of nerves and excitement, but I know what’s still to come and it only gets better from here - this is just the start!

Could you please tell us a little about your debut single,
Homeless?
Homeless  in many ways could be described as a coming of age song. It really tells my story of moving away from home and figuring out what my path is both in my life and my music simultaneously. I think a lot of young people can relate to that in their own way.

What inspired you to write Homeless?
I wrote homeless on my first ever trip to Nashville last year – it started out just lyrics written in the notes page on my phone. I was so inspired by the city and being in the states for the first time, but I also felt very lost and confused because I’d never been somewhere that felt immediately so much like home, despite being so far from home. I never wanted to leave yet I was homesick? So that’s where the idea comes from, having multiple places feel like home, but not actually knowing where home is.

I have to say Homeless is one wonderfully written song. Which leads me nicely to my next question, I am intrigued to know how look did it take you to write Homeless?
Once I got back from Nashville, the song sort of finished itself. I took the lyrics I’d written and picked up my guitar and I don’t really know what happened to be honest, a few hours passed and it was finished! The first draft was the final draft, so I guess jetlag is my creative best friend!

Then, I have to ask you how was the recording for the single?
I recorded Homeless with my producer Louis Takooree last summer. We were actually in the studio – with no windows and questionable aircon – on the hottest day of the year, so we can literally say that blood, sweat, and tears went into the recording! Working with Louis is always a breeze though, and we actually worked on my second and third singles together, coming soon...

What's it like knowing that Homeless  is out in the country music world for the world to listen too?
Terrifying but incredible; I can’t wait to connect with country music fans in the UK and hear what they think of it! Feedback from fans of the genre, good or bad, can only help me create better music for them. I’m so happy to be a part of the growing community of British country artists and fans!

Does you releasing Homeless mean that there is an EP on its way in 2020?
Well I’ll keep my cards close to my chest on that one, but there is definitely plenty of music coming your way this year! Keep an eye out on my socials to be the first to know what is coming next…

Thank you so much for your time this morning, Reya Jayne - I am very grateful.
Thanks again, Kellie.

You can follow Reya Jayne on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY