SINGLE REVIEW - LAURA OAKES - BETTER IN BLUE JEANS

Today (Friday 14th February) will see Liverpool based singer-songwriter, Laura Oakes release her brand new single, Better In Blue Jeans.

Better In Blue Jeans starts with an uptempo party kind of feeling complimented very simply by Laura's stunningly beautiful soulful vocals supported by a guitar instrumental.
The first verse gives you this fairytale kind of vibe which I adore and mixed with the verse starting with Laura's medium vocal range which gives the song that little bit more energy and I adore Laura's style for this song so much. The lyrics are simply stunning and tell such a beautifully gorgeous story relationship fairytale journey within the song which continues to the chorus beautifully.
The chorus of Better In Blue Jeans is my favourite part of the song and right from the very start of the chorus starting I caught myself singing along whilst having a little dance. The energy within the chorus and the happiness the lyrics bring is something that I absolutely adore.
The second verse continues Better In Blue Jeans with the fairytale story in my eyes in the most beautiful song and the Laura's softer vocal range allows the lyrics to come through in one of the most gorgeous ways, I've had the pleasure of witnessing in a while. 
The bridge features the chorus lyrics in a much slower vocal tone yet it gave me goosebumps.
The follow on shows off Laura's stunning higher vocal tone and I can't believe I caught myself crying as I was listening to this part of the song despite having heard it live so many times in the past.
I adored the fact that Better In Blue Jeans at the end ended with the chorus in a much softer vocal range allowing Laura's gorgeous voice to shine through worked very well with the lyrics. 

Better In Blue Jeans in one song I absolutely adore hearing Laura perform live and I love that Laura has finally chosen to release this as a single.

You can join Laura on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY