SUMMER RETURNS TO THE WEATHERFIELD COBBLES PLAYED BY NEW ACTRESS, HARRIET BIBBY

With the winter storylines starting to appear on the cobbles, Summer Spellman is about to walk back into Weatherfield life and be reunited with Todd Grimshaw after spending time with her Grandma.

However, when Summer returns she will be played by a brand new actress, Harriet Bibby.

Photo Credit: ITV/ Coronation Street

Harriet was cast in the Summer role after Matilda Freeman decided to leave Coronation Street in August to explore new opportunities.

What Matilda Freeman said about leaving: “I’d like to say thank you to my second family, the cast, crew and viewers who have supported me during my time on the cobbles. After three and a half lovely years I felt it was time for a change and I’m excited to be starting that next chapter with a new role.”

But with tensions already running high between Billy Mayhew and his boyfriend, Paul Winter over Todd’s return, Summer’s arrival is bound to only complicate matters as she struggles to forgive Todd for abandoning her and Billy those 3 years ago.

Harriet, a Lincolnshire actress trained at Alra North and has had roles in Doctors and Brassic.

What Harriet said about her new role: “I am so thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street. My family have watched the show for years and I already feel part of the family. Matilda has wished me good luck, which was lovely! I’m looking forward to bringing Summer’s sass and sparkle to the screen.”

You can watch these episodes of Coronation Street at 7.30pm & 8.30pm - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on ITV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY