CHRISTMAS EP REVIEW - RUNAWAY JUNE - WHEN I THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Today (16th October) sees US country music trio, Runaway June made up of Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke and Natalie Stovall will be releasing their Christmas EP, When I Think About Christmas.
When I Think About Christmas is made up of 5 songs - 2 originals and 3 traditional Christmas songs.

Christmas On The Radio (Runaway June original written by Sam Hollander, and Martin Johnson). Christmas On The Radio has a very Christmas feel which I love complimented by a magical instrumental bringing the song together so beautifully. I adore the soft funky rockier vocal which opens the song wonderfully and the softer Christmas sounding vocals and lyrics are perfectly blended together. The chorus features some incredibly special, and heartfelt lyrics which I can't help but feel are poignant especially with everything going on this year. The second verse continues the pattern of the Christmas tune beautifully as the vocals continue to get more emotional and heartfelt as the song continues. I adore this song. This song has me excited for Christmas and it's only October - which is something I never thought I would say! The happier positive vibe within this song is just incredible listening.

Sleigh Ride (written by Leroy Anderson, and Mitchell Parish).
Sleigh Ride starts with a funky Christmassy vibe instrumental which I loved before it turned a little more traditional. The first verse sees a softer vocal which sees all 3 of the ladies on the vocals whether t's lead or supporting vocals it was beautiful listening. The chorus has a beautifully Christmassy happy vibe from all three ladies on vocals that makes the song so magically. The more the song continues the more I realised how much I adore these ladies and their beautifully softer arrangement of the song.

O Holy Night starts with a soft and slower instrumental which I just liked listening too as it had a rather different feel to the previous two songs. The first verse sees a softer and vibrant vocal which is just special and rare on hearing such a song as you can hear the meaning of the lyrics within the vocals.
The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt lyrics which you could hear mean a lot to the group as they sing. The harmonies from the ladies is rather special, and one that I have to admit at times gave me goosebumps. I can't praise the ladies for their O Holy Night version enough.

When I Think About Christmas (Runaway June original written by Jennifer Wayne, Josh Matheny, and Tiffany Goss).
When I Think About Christmas starts with a bell instrumental which happens to start the song off wonderfully and in the most Christmassy way possible. The first verse sees a very Country singing vocal which I just happened as it complimented the vocal tone of the ladies so well, and you can hear how much the lyrics mean to them as people as well as artists! The songwriting throughout When I Think About Christmas from Jennifer, Josh and Tiffany within the chorus is just mind-blowing, and wonderfully creative in a time where Christmas is so uncertain this song is just a breath of fresh air. I liked the instrumental break up in the middle of the song as it bought the importance of the song together beautifully. I have nothing but for this praise once again for this song.

Let It Snow (written by Julie Styn, and Sammy Cahn).
Let It Snow starts with a wonderfully soft, and slow instrumental. The first verse is just wonderful as you can hear how much these ladies love this song thanks to their wonderful version. I adore how the ladies have tried to keep this song as traditional as they can whilst also making it their own which goes to show us all what amazing artists they are.

You can follow Runaway June on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY