EP REVIEW - MADDIE AND TAE - EVERYWHERE I'M GOIN'

Today (Friday 18th October) will see US singer-songwriter duo, Maddie and Tae (Maddie Marlow and Taylor Dye) release their brand new EP, Everywhere I'm Goin'.
Everywhere I'm Goin' is made up of 5 songs which are written by the girls themselves with co-writes on all the songs.

Everywhere I'm Goin' starts with a beautiful instrumental which sets the tone of the song off in the most brilliant way. The first verse shows off Maddie & Tae's glorious harmonies before Maddie comes in solo with her softer vocal range showcasing the beautiful lyrics and allowing us listeners the chance to create our own vision for the song - songs like this for me are just magical. The chorus is my favourite part of Everywhere I'm Goin' because the lyrics are so honest and allowed a beautiful continuing of the story thanks to the stunning lyrics and story-telling. The second verse continues the song fantastically and the more the song goes on the more I adore Maddie & Tae's song-writing ability along with Jimmy and Joh's especially with their heartfelt lyrics. The bridge of the song finishes the song off fantastically along with the repeat of the chorus. Maddie & Tae are two incredible artists who I am very excited about and I can't wait for them to come back to the UK.
The co-writers on Everywhere I'm Goin' are Jimmy Robbins and Joh Thompson.

Tryin' On Rings starts with a what I call a fantastic Maddie and Tae's sounding instrumental with drums which I adored straight away. The first verse is very heartfelt which has both of the girls stunning vocals and their storytelling is so honest and very special because you instantly get the feel that it's about their relationships and where they both happen to be today! The second verse features Maddie and Tae's softer vocal range. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics which happen to take you on a journey from how the relationship started to where they are today that gave me goosebumps if I am honest because it is so beautiful and I feel so proud of them for their journey and inspiring young women to know their worth. The final verse is the part of the song that I caught myself getting emotional over because it made me stop and think then realise how far Maddie and Tae have come not only as artists but as people too. Tryin' On Rings is definitely my favourite song of this album.
The co-writers on Tryin' On Rings are Laura Veltz and Jimmy Robbins.

Lay Here With Me (ft Dierks Bentley) starts with a beautiful soft instrumental which takes us listeners instantly into the first verse which Maddie sings on in her softer tone which instantly hooked me and had me listening to every single word that was being sung. The chorus is sung by both of the girls which is absoultely stunning and I adore Maddie & Tae's harmonies. The songwriting of the chorus is the most precious thing about this song especially as they are so heartfelt. The second verse is sung by Dierks giving you the idea that heartbreak has just happened and that all you just want do is lay with that very special person which leads beautifully into the chorus. The bridge of Lay Here With Me is just so special and raw with honesty that I caught myself with tears in my eyes as Maddie and Tae's lines in the bridge were sung before Dierks joined them on the chorus for a final time.
The co-writers on Lay Here With Me are none other than Tae's fiancé, Josh Kerr and Dave Barnes.

Ain't There Yet starts with a rocky guitar instrumental. The first verse shows off Maddie's softer heartfelt vocal range which Tae comes in and harmonies on near the end of the verse getting the song a little but more feel which I really enjoyed. The chorus is upbeat and funky which is amazing and shows off Maddie & Tae's new direction and the lyrics are very heartfelt and the journey the song has taken you on is amazing, makes me want to have more and more - which is a massive credit to the songwriters. The second verse continues the story telling of the song wonderful allowing the listener to go off into their own little world and relate to the lyrics or at least I certainly did. The bridge of Ain't There Yet is the part of the song that made me a little emotional and to be honest I never expected to happen but I  caught myself very closely listening to the lyrics that was the problem but one I am very grateful for. The chorus finishing the song was the most wonderful thing that could have happened for this song. Ain't There Yet is one song I am very grateful for at this moment in my life.
The co-writers on Ain't There Yet are Dave Barnes and Ben West.

Bathroom Floor starts with a funky yet rocker instrumental which I adore right from the start. The first verse shows off the sassy side of Maddie and Tae and a side of the girls, I always knew was there but never realised I needed to hear. The lyrics are very relatable and written from the heart and at a time the girls needed to write a sassy song for sure. The chorus is super fast and catchy which I absoultely love and these girls have definitely chosen the best time to release an amazing sassy song like this at the start of September when most people need a song like this as normality hits. The second verse continues the song in the most wonderful way with the sassiness and honesty within the lyrics. One part of the song that I caught myself singing along with as well as the chorus. The guitar instrumental before the final chorus worked well breaking the song up at a time when it was needed. The bridge showcased the girls softer vocal range before the final chorus which I was dancing along too. I am very excited to hear this song live.
The co-writer on Bathroom Floor is none other than Tae's fiancé, Josh Kerr.

You can follow Maddie & Tae on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY