INTERVIEW WITH SARAH GEORGE AS I TALK TO HER ABOUT HER PANTO ROLE IN SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS

This week's interview with Ex-Hollyoaks actress, Sarah George is one I am very excited to be bringing you as I've been a big fan of her since her on the soap. Back in the middle of September, it was announced that Sarah who played Celine McQueen was going to be starring in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at The Sands Centre, Carlisle between 11th - 31st December. Sarah will be playing Snow White herself.

Good Morning, Sarah. Hope you're well.
Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me, it's wonderful to be featuring you!
You've been back in the UK a few months after living in New Zealand for a while, so can I just say welcome back to the UK!

Now to talk about the reason you agreed to this interview with me...

A couple of weeks ago (13th September), it was announced that you would be playing Snow White in Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, I have to start by saying Congratulations Sarah on this incredible news.

Where were you were given the news of getting the role?
I was having a coffee in a coffee shop in town with my boyfriend when my agent called.
I'd imagine that was a random moment, but one job you were hoping to hear back from anytime.

Are you excited to meet your fellow cast members of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs?
Yeah, I met most of them on Thursday at the press launch which was great. They're all lovely so far and I reckon we're going to have a really fun time in rehearsals and the show run. We had a great laugh going to Honister Mine for some press pictures.
You can hear how genuinely excited you are for this role. I wish you and all involved the very best, and all get on extremely well.

Are you excited to be starting rehearsals in a few weeks for the role?
So excited! I love being busy and getting stuck into something, and I'm very passionate about Disney, singing and Christmas time. I also love to explore and hadn't been to Carlisle till this week so I'm looking forward to experiencing Cumbria!
Bringing the Disney joy into panto with you sounds exciting.

What can audiences expect from coming to the show?
A lot of laughs as there is a big comedic presence in the cast this year! As well as lots of fun and feels *smiles*.

Can audiences expect a family feel good show?
Absolutely, Enchanted Entertainment are known for it! You won't be disappointed.
Oh, I am excited here's to me booking tickets to see you.

Please tell me you get to show off your amazing singing voice?
I will be singing yes. Although next to Matt and Stevi who are known for their singing voice I'm not sure I'll look quite so shiny hahah.
You will have your moment to shine for sure, Sarah.

Do you have any pre-show rituals that you will be doing before every show?
Ermmmm, gosh this takes me back, always put a song on that gets me a bit giddy and hyped up, a vocal warm up then just lots of water and always making sure you're fed before one.
Love how every single performer, I speak to have so many different ways of prepping before a show. 

Before I let you go, I have to ask you two more questions:-
What's your favourite pantomime?
Snow White obviously. Although I did get to see Aladdin last year in Sheffield and they had a flying carpet so the kid in me was pretty impressed!
This answer makes me smile. Snow White was the first panto I ever saw.

And, also what's your favourite memory from a pantomime you've seen?
My nanna always took us as kids every Xmas and I loved that we got ice cream at the interval in our own little tubs and I loved the dame and how they'd always throw things into the audience like sweets and bits of pastry haha. Although now I bet throwing sweets is a health and safety hazard haha.
I love how you the pantomime brings you so many happy memories. You are making me smile.

Thank you so much for your time today, Sarah and I wish you all the very best!
No worries. If you want to come and see it you can get tickets on the Sands Centre website.

You can buy tickets for Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs here.
​​
You can follow Sarah on her Social Media​​
​​

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY