CORRIE EPISODE REVIEW - SPECIAL SINEAD EPISODE

With tonight's episode being a special Barlow/ Osborne episode with Sinead Osborne being set to die in tomorrow's hour long episode which I had to admit I am devastated over but one storyline I am so grateful for Corrie doing and running to sad end thanks to Katie McGlynn wanting to do this storyline in this way to show that not everyone gets a 'happy ending'.

In tonight's heart-breaking special episode of Coronation Street, viewers saw Sinead Osborne condition worsen after last night's episode with Beth dabbing a flannel on her forehand whilst the Barlows were seen still to be trying to find Daniel Osborne after he stormed out after a row with his wife, Sinead after she discovered about his kiss with Bethany Platt. But I love Sinead was still asking after Daniel even after what he did because they takes a special kind of person.

Sinead was then seen to ask her Auntie Beth for her help in recording some messages for her son, Bertie to which she does in some incredibly emotional dialogue with the honesty and rawness - it had me tearing up! The fact that it had Sinead remising over her 25 years on this planet, it got me thinking and I know it got many others thinking too about their lives especially when she said“If I’ve learnt one thing of my 25 years on this planet, nice can change the world. Look for the joys, and look for the laughs” because it's so true!
The fact that Sinead was just lying in her bed doing a very long monologue - I found myself being absoultely captivated by her performance.

Tracy then arrives at the flat wanting to talk to Sinead where she was seen telling Daniel that he was find sleeping rough where Tracy revealed that Daniel still loves her. I adore seeing the caring side of Tracy!

Back at The Barlows, Tracy reveals that Sinead wants to see Daniel and when he arrives the pair have a heart-to-heart where Sinead was seen being brutally honest with her husband and the hurt she is feeling isn't what matters but the fact that all she cares about is their son, Bertie. I loved how Daniel and Sinead even managed a little laugh with each other.

My heart broke for Chesney when he was seen to go and see Sinead but he struggled. However, upstairs in the flat, Daniel and Sinead were seen in their bedroom having another heart-to-heart which once again featured some incredible dialogue and I liked how even though she is dying nothing has changed with the way she is acting.

The final scene of the episode was the one that devastated me the most because the dialogue Sinead and Daniel had were ones of pure honesty and forgiveness which led to a wonderful final scene! The love between them is so real and the fact they are both as scared as each other. I was sobbing as I was watching this scene so I apology if this sentence doesn't make sense.

No way am I ready to say goodbye to Sinead in tomorrow's episode!

Katie McGlynn has portrayed this cervical cancer storyline in the most incredible way and one I hope she gets recognised for! I am also so incredibly grateful to Katie for agreeing to do this storyline with it having raised so much awareness!

Thank you Jonathan Harvey for the fantastic dialogue during this episode and Michael Lacey for his fantastic directing giving us many amazing camera angles.

This episode of Coronation Street aired on Thursday 24th October, 2019 on ITV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY