SINGLE REVIEW - ROBYN OTTOLINI - 5 YEARS

Today (Friday 6th February) will see Canadian country singer-songwriter, Robyn Ottolini release her brand new single, 5 Years.

Photo taken by me during Song Suffragettes in London, October 2022

5 Years starts with a soft instrumental with a clock ticking that takes us into the first verse allowing for Robyn's crisp vocal to come through within the lyrics that are beautiful. The honesty within the lyrics are beautiful and ones that I caught myself listening to very carefully especially as the second verse comes in which are eye opening.
The chorus features many lyrics that hit me instantly making me emotional as it got me thinking about my life and where I want to be and where I am now after the past 5 years. Life is one hell of a journey and you can never tell what's coming next. I adore the story crafted within the lyrics is a credit to Robyn!
The final verse is fantastically crafted bringing the song together wonderfully as you can see another side of her vulnerability that for me was extremely powerful - so grateful for the honesty as many people will be able to relate with the songwriting. The softer tone ahead of the final chorus was beautiful especially as the higher pitch returned for the final chorus bringing the song to its end.

After hearing 5 Years at Song Suffragettes Debut London Show back in October, thank you Robyn.

You can follow Robyn on her Social Media
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY