GIG REVIEW - KELSEA BALLERINI HEARTFIRST TOUR AT LONDON'S O2 SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE

On Saturday 25th February, I attended Kelsea Ballerini HeartFirst Tour at London's O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire and what an incredible evening it was and what a way to kick start my 30th birthday celebrations even if it was 7 months early!

The evening was started by Georgia Webster who is an amazing artist who showcased her gorgeous tone. I Hate Phone Calls was performed and my god, I knew I loved that song but hearing it live was something else as the story within the lyrics brilliantly relatable. Not Sayin' was another song that was beautifully sung showing off her fantastic vocal tones. However, the moment Georgia sung X's my god I was instantly happy as this song over the past few weeks has been on repeat.
Tattoos was a song that I absolutely loved especially due to its catchiness, but Fallin' For My Ex's Best Friend was the song that had me singing along loudly one that many audience members loved.

Taken by myself on Saturday 25th February at Shepherd Bush Empire

I have to start this part of my review but saying that I have nothing but praise for the use of special effects as the show started as well as the changing backgrounds depending on the era.

The moment we had all been waiting for happened as Kelsea Ballerini entered the stage with a massive cheer from the audience it was fantastic. Kelsea opened her set with Subject To Change and what an incredible choice it was and the audience started singing straight away. I love so much love and admiration for this song and Kelsea for releasing it. The perfect opener in my opinion setting the tone of the evening up perfectly! The Little Things was up next and one that the audience loved and were singing along with. I was very happy to see Kelsea happy about being back in the UK. HeartFirst showcased her soulful tone, one that the audience sung along loudly too. I was loving the crowds at this moment listening to every single word being sung!
Love Me Like You Mean It/ Dibs/ Yeah Boy were a clutter of songs from past Kelsea era that everyone was singing long proud and loudly too making for a fantastic atmosphere. Love Is A Cowboy mixed with Take Me Away saw Kelsea sat down and chill out whilst showing once again her beautiful vocals - you could hear so much passion for the lyrics being sung. Half Of My Hometown had me emotional as for me it holds such a personal meaning but my god hearing it live with the gorgeous attention to detail was extremely emotional for me. If You Go Down (I'm Goin' Down Too) was full of sass that I have to say the audience absolutely loved it and were singing along from start to finish rather loudly. The room was electric. Hole In The Bottle was one song that saw the people around me dancing and drinking whilst she was singing with no regrets. Love how the energy started to get louder in the room. You're Drunk, Go Home full of energy giving the opportunity for many of the audience to get sassy and start dancing even more with no respect - thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
Homecoming Queen which was a beautiful duet with support artist, Georgia Webster and how gorgeous were their voices together allowing each other to have stand out moments. Universe and Weather were a great choice of songs to have following one another with some beautiful storytelling showcased. Made me love the songs even more than I already did.
Penthouse from her brand new EP that only dropped a couple of weeks ago, the lyrics are stunning and got me really thinking. The vulnerability that Kelsea showed on stage was something that I admired and have so much respect for as it made me so hard to allow yourself to do that every evening.
Peter Pan was perfect and one song I wanted her to sing but didn't expect to be sung so I was emotional as I was listening every closely to the lyrics.

I have to add how grateful I was for Kelsea looking out for the audience members standing and notifying the security for the issues!

Ended up missing the final few due an issue.

You can follow Kelsea on her Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY