MY FAVOURITE EMMERDALE 2022 STORYLINES

Throughout 2022, Emmerdale had aired many storylines that have kept me guessing as well as lots of audience members, and even allowed for me to think outside of the box, and more you only have to ask my friends about this.
This year has seen Emmerdale take us fans on a rollercoaster of a year with many brilliant storylines, as well as some that have left us questioning, but one thing reminds is that it got us talking.

Liv and Vinny Dingle's Wedding happened on 24th February with Liv and Vinny deciding to elope to Daventry for their wedding in the registry office allowing for many of us viewers to get what many of us viewers wanted thanks to the delivery as well as many emotional, beautiful moments to be shared especially throughout the dialogue. The music was beautiful ahead of the vow exchange which were perfect for the characters and their journey over the past 18 months prior.
I can't leave this without mentioning about the January scenes in the month prior to their wedding when things between them weren't the happiest thanks to Meena Julta and Liv's prison ordeal.
Isobel Steele and Bradley Johnston were great throughout this episode, and their friendship definitely shined through.

Marlon Dingle's Stroke was a brilliant storyline for Emmerdale to air and one that I think of when I think about what storyline a soap has done that stands out to me in 2022. The amount of detail that Emmerdale delivered throughout these episodes were fantastic. Seeing Emmerdale work alongside the Stroke Association was brilliant as the attention to detail through this research was shown throughout the storyline. It is always brilliant to see the recovery process. With the biggest thanks having to go to Mark Charnock for his incredible portrayal, as the storyline got recognition from the British Soap Awards, Inside Soap Awards, and TV Choice Awards were very much deserved.
I can't finish this article without mentioning Zoe Henry and Amelia Flanagan who were heavily involved throughout this storyline.

Meena Julta's Prison scenes. Meena for me was one of those characters I was never too sure about, but it was during her prison scenes in April that really showed what a complexed character she really was. Paige Sandhu played this role fantastically thought she deserved a mention.

Amelia's Pregnancy. A storyline that I wasn't expecting to see especially but you know what it worked with how it started after an accident whilst looking after Thomas Tate for Gabby Thomas led to the pregnancy discovery. It was all thanks to Daisy Campbell's fantastic idea seeing her go to the producers that I honestly think was a brilliant thing for the character adding another side to the young character that was needed. I know Emmerdale aired another teen pregnancy, but to be honest it seemed a little different to previous ones. The twists and turns throughout were something that I enjoyed watching especially after Esther was born as it saw another growth in the character and for the better!
Daisy absolutely shone throughout this storyline and still is within her journey of motherhood.
Next year, I really hope Daisy is recognised for her wonderful work.

Faith Dingle's Death allowed for many emotional scenes from Sally Dexter, Lucy Pargeter and Jeff Hordley as Faith, Chas and Cain Dingle alongside many others. It was the beach episode that had me hit with the sudden realisation that we were about to lose a fantastic actress in Sally Dexter. The emotions that were portrayed by Jeff and Sally throughout this storyline as Faith and Cain were beautiful to see especially with Cain being this hard up character.
The one thing, I'll always remember about this storyline is the way that Emmerdale did it with such grace, and the amount of effort that Sally wanted to make the storyline believable and true, however, it was in the episode were Faith died that had me an emotional mess as I wasn't ready to say goodbye to such a character, but Sally deserves so much recognition for this storyline.

Emmerdale 50th Anniversary Week was a week that I enjoyed I know it wasn't what I expected for the 50th, but I enjoyed it. The amount of hard work that went into the episodes across that week from the cast, and crew especially the stunt teams allowed us many wonderful moments. It was wonderful to see Danny Miller come back as Aaron Dingle for this wonderful achievement - made it even more special as it was also for Isobel Steele's final scenes. It was the deaths of Harriet Finch and Liv Dingle who for me was the saddest moment of the week as Isobel Steele is one hell of an actress, but I completely understand why she wanted to go to focus on her music career. The week also saw Amelia Spencer give birth to her daughter, Esther with her journey to motherhood not being the easiest thanks to Samson Dingle.

Arthur Coming Out was one of those scenes for me that this year really stood out due to the way that he trusted Nicola King with his biggest secret ahead of telling Laurel Thomas is some incredibly heartfelt scenes that I am not afraid to admit broke me. The way that his friends supported him was brilliant, and their support meant to the world. Alfie is one fantastic actor who I am excited to see shine throughout 2023.

Boxing Day Flashback Episode/ Caleb's Arrival was a late favourite of mine having aired only last week, and I did think about adding it but I thought as I enjoyed it as much as I did I had too. Ever since Will Ash's announcement of him joining as Caleb Milligan (another Dingle sibling) I was very excited as growing up I loved watching him in Where The Heart Is and of course, Waterloo Road but I was pleased to hear he was joining Emmerdale and his arrival didn't disappoint me. There is something so special about when Emmerdale do their flashback episodes that leaves as viewers wanting more and this one was just enough - a big shout out goes to the casting team for the younger Kane in Aiden Kane who was fantastic allowing us viewers into the way Cain Dingle is the way is he!

Did your favourite storyline make the list? If not, leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY