GIG REVIEW - SYKAMORE - SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY - DEBUT LONDON SHOW

On Sunday evening (29th January), I attended Canadian artist, Sykamore debut London show at The Camden Club which was amazing, and one I enjoyed beyond words.

Photo by me 

Sykamore opened her set with We Were Alright which saw her crisp gorgeous tone highlighted that had audience members listening closely to the songwriting from Sykamore thanks to nostalgic lyrics.
Sykamore gave a chat beforehand for her next song, Record High which she wrote with Jeff Cohen who was on that line up that evening, it was Sykamore variety of vocal tones that made me smile as the room was silent with the audience members listening closely.
Up next was a new song from the talented artist was Emotional which showcased Sykamore incredible songwriting with very thought about lyrics that had me hooked due to the way the song was put together. It was beautiful how everyone was listening and enjoying the opportunity to hear new music.
California King is a song that I absolutely adored with Sykamore's gorgeously sweet tone making it one of my favourite songs of the evening.
The moment Sykamore played Wallflower I was emotional as that song means a lot to me that Sykamore delivered in the most beautiful way that had me singing along. I am so glad I recorded the song to enjoy and appreciate even more on the journey home.
The second from last song was another new one called Highway Towns which is a song I am very excited for this talented artist to release as it is filled with many gorgeous moments with her variety of tones shining through.
Pinto ended Sykamore's set which was beyond gorgeous and beautiful - pinto for me is a brilliantly gorgeous song that I was particularly grateful to have heard as part of her set as this was my favourite song on her album of the same name. What a special gig - a gig that I'll never forget!

There was something so special about Sykamore's debut London show that I have to say makes me think Sykamore will be back soon.

You can follow Sykamore on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY