INTERVIEW WITH KASEY TYNDALL ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE, JESUS AND JOAN JETT

Today (Friday 11th February) will see Rising Country singer-songwriter, Kasey Tyndall release her latest single, Jesus and Joan Jett.

Photo Credit: Annelise Loughead

Good Morning, Kasey. How are you today?
I'm great!! How are you?
That's wonderful to hear, I am very well thank you.

Thank you so much for allowing me this opportunity to interview you about your brand new single. How are feeling about it's release?
I'm so excited to get "Jesus and Joan Jett" out to the world. My fans have been wanting this song for years and I'm so pumped I can finally give it to them!
I have to admit when I heard the news, I was very excited about finally having a recorded version of the song.

Can I please ask you to tell us a little more about Jesus and Joan JettWhat inspired you to write the single?
I wrote Jesus and Joan Jett with Evan Coffman and Greylan James back in 2017. At the time, I needed a song that was uniquely me. Whenever I run into problems in life, I always ask myself two questions. Number 1, most importantly, "What would Jesus do?". Number two is "What would Joan Jett do?". I add those answers up and I get my solution. That's where this song came from.
The fact that you mentioned the word Unique says a lot to me about who you are as an artist, and you asking yourself those questions is a great way for you as a person to get the answers you need at that time.

How did you decide that Jesus and Joan Jett was going to be your first release of 2022?
My fans have been wanting me to release it and it finally feels like the right time.
Fans will definitely appreciate the release of this single especially after all the times they have heard it live.

You are described as having a country-rock with a traditional country storytelling - how do you manage this blend?
I try my best to stay true to me in everything I do and the music just follows. I don't try too hard to make it all balance out. As long as I am being myself, the music seems to blend.
I think you have summed it up perfectly, you remain true and that is definitely something I can say I have noticed within your music. Being true to ourselves brings us happiness and the lyrics just fall out, right?

How long did it take you to write and record Jesus and Joan Jett?
The song took a few hours to write and 5 years later I went in the studio with my producer, Derek Wells, and a demo of the song and we brought it to life.
What a process, you are making me emotional as its been crafted with a lot of love.

You co-write, Jesus and Joan Jett alongside Evan Coffman and Greylan James how did this co-write come about?
I had never met Evan and Greylan before writing the song. Our publishers set the write-up and I am so glad they did!
Moments like this are super special, I am so glad it worked out well for you.

How would you sum up your single, Jesus and Joan Jett in 3 words?
Honest, Rowdy, and Unapologetic.

Before, I let you go I just want to say all the best with the single.
Thank you so much!!! Have a good one!
Thank you so much for your time, Kasey - it's much appreciated.

You can follow Kasey on her social media here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES