DEBUT ALBUM REVIEW - PRISCILLA BLOCK - WELCOME TO THE BLOCK PARTY

Today (Friday 11th February) will see US singer-songwriter, Priscilla Block release her debut album, Welcome To The Block Party.
Welcome To The Block Party is made up of 12 songs.

Photo Credit: Logen Christopher

Welcome To The Block Party is a beautiful promo set up for the album which I have to say I love as it sets the debut album from Priscilla Block up wonderfully.

My Bar has a quirky guitar instrumental which I have to say sets the tone of the song perfectly. The first verse sees Priscilla's soft, vulnerable vocal range at the forefront allowing for us listeners to get to know who Priscilla is as an artist, and what an amazing artist she is for letting us fans into her world through this verse. I love the journey that the song takes you on especially heading into the chorus which features some of the songs most stunning lyrics which continue to take you on a journey through Priscilla's eyes. The second verse of My Bar continues with a wonderful message within the song that will get us listeners thinking for sure. The chorus links to every single verse of this song perfectly adding this wonderful layer and dynamic which I have so much admiration for! The final verse sees Priscilla's crisp vocal appear before her crisp and upbeat vocal appears once again for the final chorus ending My Bar insanely well.

Heels In Hand has a guitar, and piano sounding instrumental which I have to say I just adore as it changes the dynamic of Priscilla's debut EP. The first verse sees Priscilla's soft, but fun vocal at the forefront allowing the fun side of the song to come out right from the start. I love how Heels In Hand is a song about how we also have a change of shoes with us, which honestly I caught myself being like 'yeah, that's me' at times. The concept with Heels In Hand is wonderfully. The chorus features many upbeat, and fun lyrics which see Priscilla's vocal range change to sort the lyrics, whilst also allowing the song writing to shine through. I caught myself wanting to dance along to this song as I listening definitely a song for a Country Night out. The second verse continues Heels In Hand with her upbeat vocal range continuing at the forefront allowing the song-writing to really shine through as listeners continue to get to know who Priscilla is as an artist. The chorus connects the song to it's verses perfectly. The final verse of Heels In Hand is a little softer giving the listeners one final moment to hear how amazing Priscilla is especially as the chorus is repeated to end the song in the most beautiful way.

Like A Boy has a piano instrumental breaking this albums sound up fantastically allowing for us listeners to get to explore different sides of who Priscilla is as an artist. The first verse sees Priscilla's soft vocal range at the forefront allowing for fans to hear the story within the lyrics to be heard in a much softer soulful tone. I caught myself getting a little emotional over a few of the lyrics if I am honest especially as it headed into the chorus as it has many heartfelt lyrics which is complimented but many different elements due to the sound. The second verse of Like A Boy features even more heartfelt lyrics that sees this vulnerable side of Priscilla's songwriting being demonstrated that I caught myself listening to very carefully. The final verse allows for Priscilla to explore her softer side once again whilst allowing for her gorgeous tone to be heard by us listeners ahead of the final chorus that sees her wear her heart on her sleeve.

I Know A Girl (featuring Hillary Lindsey) has a soft guitar instrumental allowing for us fans to experience a different side of who Priscilla is as an artist. The first verse sees Priscilla's slow and soft vocal tone at the forefront allowing for us to listen to every single word clearly that I caught myself relating with especially as it got me thinking about where me and my friends are in our lives as every journey is different. The chorus features many catchy heartfelt lyrics that I have to admit I will resonate with many people in all walks of life - songs like this are so special and unique that I have to say will get everybody thinking. The second verse of I Know A Girl continues with every even more heartfelt lyrics as Hillary Lindsey takes over the lead vocals adding this other side of vulnerability which got me thinking even more, and I even caught myself getting even more emotional. The vocal tone from both Priscilla and Hillary are extremely beautifully thought about. The final chorus sees these talented ladies harmonies at the forefront ending the song in the most beautiful way

Ever Since You Left starts with upbeat instrumental alongside Priscilla's sassy side which returns once again for her debut album. The first verse sees Priscilla's sassy cheeky vocal range giving us fans this wonderful attitude that brings out another side of who she is as an artist allowing for us fans to get to know her a little better and her style. The chorus has many lyrics that you can tell Priscilla has personally experienced throughout her life which allows for this wonderful storytelling to come to life. The second verse of Ever Since You Left continues with the lyrics about sees Priscilla's sassy side as she says I'm not going back there allowing for us fans to hear about how strong she really is. The chorus links into every single verse beautifully. The final verse ties the song together so fantastically in my opinion as it heads into the final chorus.

Thick Thighs has a quirky upbeat guitar instrumental which I have to say sets the tone of the song beautifully. The first verse sees Priscilla's crisp vocal range at the forefront allowing for a loyal sense of honesty and female empowerment which I have to say Priscilla delivers rather beautifully. The chorus features many catchy and relatable lyrics that I have to admit I caught myself listening too extremely closely whilst I was getting this sense of empowerment over the fact that we all need to love ourselves despite our flaws. The second verse of Thick Thighs continues with even more female empowerment, the lyrics are ones that people need to hear and will gain a lot of admiration for. The instrumental is the perfect break up of the song especially as the chorus links into every single verse beautifully adding another layer to the song. The bridge takes the song to another level with the change in direction, but ones I caught myself singing rather loudly. The final chorus displays Priscilla's softer side of her vocals. The perfect end for Thick Thighs is the chorus.

I Bet You Wanna Know has a soft sounding guitar instrumental that opens the song wonderfully.
The first verse sees Priscilla's very raw and honest lyrical ability demonstrated finally right from the very start which leaves me feeling hooked, and wanting to hear more about the meaning of the song.
The chorus of I Bet You Wanna Know features some incredibly catchy, and honest lyrics that had me wanting to sing along whilst also listening to the beautiful message within the song. The vulnerability within the songs lyrics from Priscilla is something that I adore as it allows every single listener their own take on the song which for me makes it even more special. I can't wait to see this song during a Country Event. The second verse continues I Bet You Wanna Know fantastically as it allows the story within the song to grow whilst also showing off who Priscilla is as an artist. I get this really sense of passionate and honesty within every single word she sings making it even more special. The instrumental break up in the middle of the song is perfect, before listeners get the opportunity to hear the softer more vulnerable side to the lyrics and all the times the time wonders. I Bet You Wanna Know ending with the chorus is the most special thing about the song for me, what a brilliant way yo see a brilliant song.

I've Gotten Good has a upbeat instrumental thanks to the guitar and drums which I have to say sets the tone of the song wonderfully thanks to Priscilla's vocal range. The first verse sees Priscilla's crisp vocal tone at the forefront allowing for fans to get to hear another side of who Priscilla is as an artist, whilst also remaining true to her own individual style. I love the sassy tone as the chorus kicks in. The chorus features many heartfelt lyrics that you can tell have been written about a past experience making it even more special. The second verse of I've Gotten Good continues with even more of the sassy side of Priscilla that I honestly have to say makes me smile as this is the reason I love Priscilla's music in the first place. Every single verse blends into the chorus beautifully giving me many wow moments! The final verse sees Priscilla showcasing her soft tone that I adored as it headed into the final chorus.

Wish You Were The Whiskey has an steady guitar instrumental to start setting the tone of the song off wonderfully. The first verse sees Priscilla's jolly vocal range at the forefront which is something I am loving to hear. I love the fun side of the lyrics, and the song in general as you can hear this beautiful story being told within the most simplest of lyrics. There is something magical about Priscilla's vocal range. The chorus features some fun and catchy lyrics that I couldn't help but want to say along too. Priscilla's vocal throughout is one of purity. The lyrics are stunningly heartfelt as the chorus develops allowing the listeners in on a past experience from her life. The second verse of Wish You Were The Whiskey continues with allowing the listeners to hear a different side of Priscilla's vocal range which will see many listeners stop in their tracks to listen. The storytelling gets a little darker but in a way that is still true to who Priscilla is as an artist! I also love how the lyrics of the chorus link perfectly into every single verse. The more I hear the chorus, the more I want to sing along and dance along. The final verse of Wish You Were The Whiskey is stunning thanks to the softer vocal range from Priscilla which is displayed taking you into the final chorus blending the two perfectly wonderfully ending the song in the most beautiful way.

Just About Over You (Radio Edit) has a beautifully slow instrumental to start which happens to open the song up wonderfully and gives you a little insight to the song. The first verse sees Priscilla's softer vulnerable vocals at the forefront of the song allowing these beautiful lyrics to be sung right from the heart giving us listeners a real insight to the heartbreak she felt ahead of writing this song that gives Priscilla this heart wrenching song. The chorus features many incredible lyrics which allows the listeners to hear another side of who Priscilla is as an artist with her more upbeat vocals that heard her say that just as she was getting over him, he appeared and walked back into her life after seeing them but in a different kind of way to how it was before. The second verse continues Just About Over You with a more upbeat instrumental that complimented the next set of lyrics wonderfully as it the whole I see you other there but I am just going to pretend I didn't sort of attitude which I loved hearing within the song. The bridge of Just About Over You sees Priscilla's little softer vocal return with the most poignant lyrics of the song that allows another chance for listeners to get to see who Priscilla is as an incredible artist! Ending Just About Over You with the chorus was the perfect move.

Peaked In High School has a guitar instrumental which I have to say sets the tone of the song up brilliantly allowing for this softer sweet sentiment. The first verse sees Priscilla's crisp vocal range at the forefront allowing for many high school memories to be shared with us listeners in a way that allows for us listeners to reflect on our own time in high school making it even more of a beautiful song. I love the attention to detail which Priscilla goes into and the honesty is something that I appreciate so much. I love how the more the song develops and more memories are shared giving us these wonderfully special moments that see her reflecting on our own choices throughout her high school years (and for the better, look at you now, Priscilla!) The chorus features many gorgeous lyrics that I have to admit I adored as it doesn't paint this pretty picture of what you'd expected but the honesty is perfectly timed helping others realise that through their own journeys they aren't alone. You can hear how much the lyrics mean to Priscilla allowing for many incredibly raw beautiful moments within the song. The second verse of Peaked In High School continues with the journey of how our lives change after high school and that everyone's journey is different - that's ok! The look back on her past was something I caught myself relating with. I adore Priscilla's use of many different vocal tones which end the song in a much softer tone.

You can follow Priscilla on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY