DEBUT EP REVIEW - EMILY DANIELS - WELCOME TO A HEARTACHE

This Friday (23rd July) will see US based singer-songwriter, Emily Daniels release her debut EP, Welcome To A Heartache.
Welcome To A Heartache is made up of 6 songs.

You can read my interview with Emily here.

Photo Credit: Mallory Holcomb

Welcome To The Heartache sees a drum instrumental opening the EP up wonderfully with an emotional feel right from the start which saw Emily's softer vocals complimenting so well alongside her pure honesty heartfelt lyrics in the first verse sees another side that for me as a listeners, I really enjoy listening too - I love vulnerability from the artist as it shows so much about them, and their passion. The chorus features many catchy lyrics with the honesty continuing as the opening up following a relationship ending and that's ok with the emotions developing/ being shown. The second verse of Welcome To The Heartache continues beautifully about the moment that they start to move on and that's ok too as it's apart of life with it being allowed. The emotive lyrics are beautifully timed. The more I hear the chorus the most, I adore the lyrics, and there meaning thanks to Emily's vocal delivery. The bridge is beautifully timed with the songs most wonderful lyrics being repeated allowing them to shine. The final chorus ending the song is the song going full circle which shows so much for this debut EP from Emily and this is only track 1. Welcome To The Heartache features a wonderful message within the song.

I'd Fall For That starts with an electric guitar instrumental giving off this rocky edge of which Emily does within her music wonderfully. The first verse sees Emily's crisp vocals at the forefront with her fun loving catchy lyrics that many listeners will catch themselves being able to relate too. The more of the song, I hear the more I hear this fun loving side of a relationship which had me interested in how the song would develop. The chorus is very catchy as it focuses on the positive parts of the song, however, it allows the listeners to remain open minded like you would in a relationship. I'd Fall For That is one song about finding that one relationship you are comfortable within, and going with it. Emily has definitely written this song based on experience. There are no verses as such throughout this song which I love as it allows for a different kind of feel. The softer vocal towards the end of the song sees Emily adding another layer to the vocal delivery that I rather enjoy as a listener allowing the beautiful lyrics to be heard in the most clear way. Finally, I have to say about how the instrumental compliments Emily's vocal throughout.

Once again, an electric guitar instrumental is featured on Emily's debut EP within Stained Glass which had me hooked from the very first moment. The first verse sees Emily's softer, emotive vocal and lyrical delivery being brilliantly achieved with this fun loving song. I love how Stained Glass had me thinking as a listener right from the very start and throughout. The chorus features an upbeat fun beat that saw Emily having fun with the message in the song - hearing Emily having fun makes us listeners want to have fun too. The second verse of Stained Glass continues with the about last night feels that see you confronting them but in a fun way leaving listeners wanting a little more information (or at least I did!) The chorus links every single part of Stained Glass wonderfully together the more I hear it with the way that Emily empowers the guitar instrumental is magical. The final verse pieces every single part of the song together fantastically as by the end of the song she has answered most of the questions you have as a listener.

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do starts with Emily's rather fun upbeat lyrics showing off the catchiness of the song. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do has a guitar instrumental which is one thing I love about this song instantly. The first verse features some rather catchy and honest lyrics which give you a real feel for who Emily is as an artist which I have to admit I am loving a lot. Emily's softer vocals is something that I love as it allows the songwriting to come through. Also, the fact that Emily is showing what an amazing singer/ songwriter she is, I am even more excited about this song that I ever thought I would be! The chorus is catchy and made me want to sing along despite having never heard it but the funkiness of the instrumental and Emily's softer vocals, I just felt that I needed too. The lyrics are one of experience and the fact that Emily isn't afraid to write from the heart is something, I like a lot and shows lots of growth to Emily as a person. The second verse continues Breaking Up Is Hard To Do is a really wonderful ways as the songwriting and lyrics continue this really beautiful picture you paint in your head throughout the song. The more the song went on the more and more, I caught myself wanting to sing along however, this part of the song I caught myself being able to relate with the most and songs like this for me as just beautiful. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do has a wonderful break up in the middle with the instruments and that for me was just incredibly timed as it allows the song to change direction ahead of Emily ending Breaking Up Is Hard To Do ends with a final chorus which is in a softer tone bringing the song to it's natural end and allowing people to hear all of Emily's vocal ranges. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do is a song that I know a lot of people will love and Emily will gain a lot of fans.

What I Don't Know starts with soft vocal from Emily with a guitar instrumental complimenting her. The first verse sees Emily's softer vocal range being delivered allowing for the lyrics to shine through in the most beautifully natural way alongside a pure and honest way with many powerful WOW moments! The chorus features many powerful and emotional lyrics detailing some insecurity. I love the honesty within the emotional moments allowing listeners to know that they aren't alone in their feelings. The second verse of What I Don't Know continues with even more emotion being delivered throughout this emotional verse with catchy lyrics allowing for some wonderful moments. I caught myself crying at times throughout this verse. Ahead of the final part of the song the guitar instrumental is wonderfully timed with a softer bridge coming. As the final verse comes in Emily showcases once again her many fabulous vocal tones which brings the song full circle.

Ex on the Beach starts with a upbeat instrumental thanks to the drums which is very different to what we have heard from Emily in the past. The first verse sees Emily's quirky upbeat vocals which sees her song-writing at the forefront which I loved as the story within the song as just amazingly relatable about an Ex on Beach being the person involved. The chorus features some wonderfully catchy lyrics, I love how Emily isn't afraid to pour in every single emotion she feels on this song - but I like how drink is involved (not the best move) but one that is understandably after you have been dumped. The second verse continues of Ex on the Beach brilliantly with the sassiness of the lyrics being able to come through telling the Ex to move on, and go elsewhere. The final verse of Ex on the Beach is one that is full of sass, and it's amazing hearing another side of Emily's many vocals. The chorus ending Ex on the Beach is the smartest move bringing the song together so brilliantly.

You can follow Emily on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY