INTERVIEW WITH LEAH MARIE MASON ABOUT HER LATEST SINGLE, FAR BOY

Back in January, US singer-songwriter, Leah Marie Mason shared Far Boy on TikTok, it is only recently that she has chosen to release it as her latest single with Austin Burke, and I caught up with her recently to discuss the single.

Photo Credit: Abigail Bollinger

Good afternoon as I believe it is over there. How are you today?
I'm doing fantastic. On top of the world even! Couldn't be better!
That is so wonderful to hear, I love interviewing artists when they feel like that.

Before we go any further with this interview, are you able to introduce yourself to our readers?
My name is Leah Marie Mason. I'm a 21 year old North Carolina native living in Nashville, Tennessee pursuing a career in music!

Congratulations on the release of your brand new single, Far Boy. How are you feeling about the single being out there for people to hear?
I am so happy that I get to finally put out this project that Austin and I have been working on. I feel like the male perspective gives this song a whole new life. Austin is such an incredible artist and I am so happy we got to release this record together.
You have so much passion as you are talking about this song, and I love that. You and Austin have definitely created one amazing song that will reach more people.

Leah Marie, can I please ask you tell us a little more about your brand new single, Far Boy?
I originally put this song out as my debut single after it went viral on Tik Tok garnering over 13 million views. After meeting Austin, I felt like he would be the perfect fit to shed light on the male perspective. This song means a lot to me and I am so happy I was able to do more with it than I had ever imagined.
I have to admit, I never realised this until this question but you know what having listened to the single right now, I can hear so much difference what a journey the song must have been on during this process.

I have to ask was Far Boy based on a certain situation, and did this inspire the writing for the single?
I wrote this song with 3 other girls in town; Kaylin Roberson, Kelsey Lamb, and Royale Lynn Haldenby. We had all shared a similar experience in regards to relationships that we have had in the past which made us all super vulnerable during the writing process. Every line of the song comes from a very honest place and holds a lot of meaning for all of us.
Everything that Kaylin and Kelsey write are incredible having listened to their music many times before and am a huge fan. 3 females working together is something that I just love hearing about because I am all for female empowerment. Hearing about female vulnerability and empowerment during the writing process moves me.

How long did it take for you to write Far Boy?
We wrote it in a day and we had a voice note of it on my phone. There was something about it that resonated with me and knew I had to go ahead and make it my first cut.
I love it when songs come from a voice note always amazes me when that happens. What a special moment of realisation within the song.

How did the write come about and go with the co-writers you had on this song?
My friend Kaylin brought me in on the original write and we all wound up having such amazing chemistry then Far Boy was born! As for Austin and I, we met here in Nashville, and the idea of making Far Boy a duet was something we were both really excited about. After I heard his voice I knew he would be the perfect addition and it turned out beautifully.
The more, I hear about this version the most I am getting emotional about it.

Leah Marie, I have to ask you did you always plan to release Far Boy as your next single?
Well Far Boy was my first single and working with Austin on this re-release was very natural. You never know what will be your next single until you just know. This just felt right.
It's so natural, and that is what many of your listens love about the re-release of this song with Austin.

How would you sum up your single, Far Boy in just 3 words for anyone wanting to listen to it?
Honest, vulnerable, and relatable.
Thank you so much for your time today, Leah Marie Mason. I am extremely grateful for your time with this interview.

You can follow Leah Marie on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY