EP REVIEW - RAELYNN - BAYTOWN

Today (Friday 14th August) will see US singer-songwriter, Raelynn release her brand new EP, Baytown.
Baytown is made up of 6 songs.

This EP is VERY SPECIAL and one that is very exciting as each song is unique, as well as fun.


Keep Up starts with a fun, quirky and fun instrumental which I just adore. The first verse is so fun and this is the one thing about this song that I love the most having heard it live last year at C2C and my god there is something about this song. I love that Raelynn isn't afraid to write about her feelings especially when it comes to issues like this and having that it's ok for us ladies to be a little rowdy with the fellas if we need too. The chorus of Keep Up is one that is perfect for a road trip and the catchiness of the lyrics is something that makes me wanna get up and dance instantly - this is the perfect country girl anthem! Raelynn this song is perfection. The second verse continues Keep Up wonderfully with the fun element within the song the catchiness of the song is still there and one that a lot of people will be singing along with for sure. I love the Keep Up sequence in the middle of the song as it adds so much more dynamic to the song which I just love. The bridge features some of the funnier lyrics before heading into the chorus for the final time that had me singing along.

Still Smokin' starts with a slow, and soft piano instrumental which I have to say brings the song in so beautifully. The first verse sees Raelynn's upbeat country vocal shine through with her incredibly beautiful written lyrics. The chorus features some wonderfully upbeat, fun lyrics which compliment Raelynn's most upbeat vocal tone which is just fantastic to hear. Still Smokin' is one song that is perfect for a summer road trip. The lyrics throughout this part of the song are just beautiful, and bring the songs verses together so beautifully. The second verse sees Still Smokin' continues with some wonderful lyrics which continue to compliment Raelynn's vocal range. I love hearing how much fun Raelynn is having with this song, especially as I was singing along with the chorus the second time I heard it! The instrumental break down in the middle of the song is just fabulous as it gives the most beautiful break ahead of the final chorus of Still Smokin' which was the perfect ending.

Fake Girl Town starts with darker sounding piano instrumental which I have to admit I like a lot especially as it's a very different kind of feel for Raelynn. The first verse sees Raelynn's slower but vulnerable vocal at the forefront of Fake Girl Town which for me personally at the moment is something I am liking from many singer/ songwriter as the vulnerability they are feeling resonates with many of us listeners. The chorus features some incredibly honest, and raw emotional lines that I caught myself many times being able to relate too. Fake Girl Town is one song that I am glad Raelynn isn't afraid to show her vulnerability on. The second verse continues Fake Girl Town wonderfully as the lyrics are ones which will resonate with many of the young listeners when it comes to make-up, and not being sure how to be confident in their own skin but, I love that this part of Fake Girl Town  is telling people that's its ok. The instrumental break down in the middle of the song complimented by Raelynn's softer vocal for some parts is just wonderful. The bridge of Fake Girl Town features the most poignant lyrics which give the song a real moment to show of Raelynn's lyrics ahead of the chorus ending Fake Girl Town.

Judgin' To Jesus starts with a very upbeat instrumental which allow us listeners to also hear Raelynn's more upbeat vocal. The first verse sees Raelynn's fun, hippy personality come through in a way I wasn't expecting but one I love. I love how Judgin' To Jesus is showing us a real pure side of who Raelynn is as an artist, and person. Judgin' To Jesus is one song that is saying a lot of what people do in their own lives so it's great to hear a song that does this too especially from a young woman. Raelynn's little Texas twang is coming through on the chorus which I love a lot especially with the fun, and upbeat vocal range that she continues to give off as the song continues. The second verse continues Judgin' To Jesus seeing Raelynn not being afraid to say anything that she is feeling. This verse brings together the chorus so beautiful both times, love this proper country belief song. I love how the final verse of Judgin' To Jesus sounds like they are at a party with the vocals being upbeat, and fun - you can really tell how much Raelynn's Christian beliefs mean to her as you learn to this song, I love this a lot as it is pushed to those that don't.

Me About Me has a soft guitar instrumental to start this song which is very something I love about the song right from the start. The first verse of Me About Me sees Raelynn's softer vocal range be demonstrated in the most beautiful way with the most beautifully heartfelt written lyrics. However, from the moment, I heard the very first line I was taken into my own little world as the lyrics are written from the place, and a place of honesty. The chorus on Me About Me features some wonderfully incredibly lyrics which compliment all the verses beautifully. The vocal range of Raelynn is still a soft one which just blows me away as this is something I love about Raelynn so much as an artist. The second verse continues  Me About Me in a wonderful day as the story continues thanks to the beautiful lyrics and you can tell so much that Raelynn has written this song based on experience which is why I think I love it so much! Me About Me ends with the chorus which brings Me About Me to an incredible end which is one hell of an amazing move.

Bra Off starts with a quirky but sassy sounding instrumental which I love from the very first moment I hear the song. The first verse on Bra Off is one of pure sass and about that relationship that most of us have been in when you don't really feel like you want to be with them 100%. I have so admiration for Raelynn in the way that she is able to write songs like this and instantly connect with her audience. The chorus of Bra Off is my favourite part of the song and one that I caught myself singing to despite not knowing the lyrics still despite having heard it live a few times. The instrumental is a little slower than the first verse which adds a lot of dynamic to the song which I just adore. The second verse continues the moral of Bra Off in the most beautiful way saying that you see the guy as a friend and nothing more. The lyrics are written from the heart without the song which is incredible and one that lyrical makes me cry! The bridge of Bra Off is my favourite because it literally a couple lines that you can tell are the most important in the song giving them a chance to stand out. The final chorus is the most perfect way to end the song, ending the song in a beautiful way.

You can follow Raelynn on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY