SINGLE REVIEW - EMILY DANIELS - MY LAST NAME

Today (Friday 21st August) will see US based singer-songwriter, Emily Daniels release her latest single, My Last Name.
My Last Name is an incredibly personal song to Emily.

VIDEO LINK to watch My Last Name

My Last Name starts with a guitar instrumental which has a very sad kind of feeling to it but one that I think will be explained as the song gets moving.
The first verse sees Emily's softer meaningful tone at the forefront of the song which you can instantly hear how much hurt Emily is singing about which I have to admit as I am feeling I can't help by feel very emotional over as its obvious how personal this song is to Emily. The lyrics are so very heartfelt.
The chorus features some incredibly poignant lyrics that get you thinking right from the start, and I am sure I am not alone in saying that Emily's vocal tone is just stunning throughout this part of the song, and says so much about who Emily is as an artist and songwriter.
The second verse continues My Last Name beautifully as you hear this amount of hurt that can't be explained unless you have been in that situation who is obvious Emily has been in the situation she is singing about which is another reason why I love this song so much. Emily wears her heart on her sleeve throughout this song.
The more I hear the chorus the more it's obvious how much Emily is grateful in a way for the lessons her father taught her, and how not to do things making her a better person in the long reason.
The final verse allows Emily to showcase her beautiful sentimental vocal ability in the most moving way with her softer vocal range as she goes into the final chorus which ends this song incredibly well.

You can join Emily on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY