ALBUM REVIEW - TENILLE ARTS - LOVE, HEARTBREAK, & EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN

This Friday (10th January) will see Canadian singer-songwriter, Tenille Arts release her latest album, Love, Heartbreak, & Everything in Between.
Love, Heartbreak, & Everything in Between features 12 songs all of which were written by Tenille along with some being co-written too.

Somebody Like That starts with a guitar instrumental giving off wonderful country vibes from the very start of the song which I absoultely adore! The first verse instantly showcases Tenille's incredible vocal range with her softer and emotional tones throughout, her incredible song-writing ability especially with her vulnerability which is just amazing to hear - singers who wear their heart on their sleeves are one in a million. The lyrics throughout Somebody Like That are so honest and written from the heart which you can tell by the way Tenille sings them. The chorus is such a fun and upbeat one that I couldn't help but try and sing along with. The catchy lyrics are perfect and break the song up in the most wonderful way. The second verse continues the song wonderfully with the continuous use of heartfelt lyrics and you get to hear how much her families support means to her and that is one thing I happen to absoultely adore about Tenille and her family. The bridge has such a wonderfully more upbeat allowing the lyrics to shine through thanks to her softer vocal tone. Somebody Like That ends with the chorus and you know what I love that because it showcases Tenille's incredible vocals for one final time.

Slow it Down starts with a guitar instrumental which sets the tone for this song wonderfully. From the moment the song starts I am instantly in love with Tenille's softer vocals allowing the lyrics to come to life on the first verse. The lyrics are soulful and written from the heart about that relationship you want to slow down because everything feels like it's going too fast but you don't know how it's gonna work if you do. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics that get you thinking about the lyrics being sung and how you feel - this is such a wonderfully magical thing within a song, so thank you Tenille. The second verse allows the story-telling to continue in a beautiful way and the instrumental compliments the lyrics fabulously - there is something so wonderfully magical about Tenille as an artist that I adore so much. The Bridge of Slow it Down is just incredibly and the even softer and more fragile vocal from Tenille is something which is magically.

Wild Love starts with a upbeat guitar instrumental. The first verse showcases Tenille's vocal range wonderfully as do the lyrics with the songwriting. The verse also shows off Tenille's vocals and what she has been through in her life along with the rollercoaster of emotion you go through as you listen to this verse is something that is rather  special and unique. The chorus is so beautifully honest and raw giving me goosebumps. I caught myself singing along with this part of the song. The lyrics are some of pure magic that I couldn't help listen very careful too. The second verse has the instrumental to start as the verse comes in featuring some more incredibly emotional lyrics which connects wonderfully to the chorus. I adore the instrumental solo in the middle of the song broke the song up in a wonderful way before the bridge came in before the final chorus of the song which was slowed down a little before it left me once again with goosebumps.

Butterfly Effect starts with a soulful instrumental from a guitar plus a couple of other instruments.
The first verse showcases Tenille's softer vocal range allowing the lyrics there chance to shine through, the storytelling within this verse is just stunning. The chorus is so beautiful and romantic and it gets you thinking about the relationship you are currently in or the one you are wanting to be in which for me makes this song magically. The lyrics are beautiful and so raw and honest. You can hear within the lyrics that Tenille is telling a really truthful story and I adore hearing artists do this.
The second verse continues the song wonderfully and the next level in a relationship making me a little emotional. The lyrics make the song. The Bridge has me in tears and combined with Tenille's softer vocal, you can really hear Tenille is singing this song right from the heart which is just incredible.

I Hate This starts with a beautiful and soulful guitar instrumental which I absoultely adore from the start. The first verse instantly shows off Tenille's incredible and soulful vocals allowing her song-writing to shine through. You can also really feel the emotions that Tenille is singing about and I totally adore this. The chorus of I Hate This is one of my favourite parts of the song thanks to it's catchy melody and lyrics. Tenille is one hell of an incredible song-writer. The second verse of I Hate This continues the message within the song incredibly and allows the listeners time to connection with their emotions as most people would have been through the situation at same point in their lives with a relationship. The final verse of I Hate This is the most of the song for me that I can't help but get emotional over because of Tenille's vocal range and it breaks me every single time I hear too. The lyrics throughout are just simply stunning.

Nothing to See Here starts with a crisp guitar instrumental which instantly gave me a warm feel for the song. The first verse is one pure emotions for me which are complimented by Tenille's emotional vocal tone which got me a little emotional I have to admit thanks to the heart-breaking lyrics which will definitely be relatable with so many of the listeners of this album. The chorus is one that you can tell Tenille has written right from the heart based on personal experience. I caught myself remembering the past I was in this position and I had a little cry but looking back it was all for the better. The second verse continues the emotional song in one beautiful way and with Tenille's softer vocals it is so breath-takingly captivating. Tenille's oh's and uh' parts of the song as so beautiful and break the song up wonderfully before allowing the song-writing to captivate you even more. I adore the final verse connected with the chorus because it is so raw and ones that you can't help but think along with. The lyrics throughout are just perfection!

Another Life starts with a piano instrumental which is brilliantly captivating from the very start but as soon as the first verse and you hear the warm, crisp vocal from Tenille you are instantly taken by every single word being sung. The lyrics are one of pure honesty and brilliance about that one person we were with and all that we did for them including all these special memories. The chorus is one that I can't help but sing along with whilst I caught myself getting emotional over. The lyrics definitely got me thinking about that certain relationship and how much I miss it however it was for the better it ended but it may have worked on in another life. The second verse allows the story-telling to continue in which a wonderfully sweet way thanks to Tenille's emotional tone that had me captivated once again and the lyrics are just gorgeous with showing the other side that we don't always see or hear when relationships break up. But I adored the fact that Tenille wasn't afraid to sing about the happier things in life that could have happened if they stayed together. The bridge is part of the song that I caught myself crying over thanks to the mix of lyrics and vocal emotion from Tenille.
TWO WORDS FOR THIS SONG IS STUNNINGLY BREATH-TAKING!

Right Guy, Wrong Time starts with a upbeat instrumental which instantly takes you into the song thanks to Tenille's beautiful and soft vocal range bringing so much to the first verse. The lyrics within the first verse are ones of pure brilliance about the start of a relationship when you don't really care who sees you yet you are just enjoying yourselves but it also leads to the sadness of the chorus when you realise that maybe the guy isn't who you thought and maybe its just the case you met at the wrong time for your both - simples! The lyrics are beautiful and so eye opening. The second verse is one continues the song in the most wonderful way telling everyone about what happens/ happened next and it's the heart-breaking verse of the song for sure, making me a little emotional. The instrumental in the middle of the song is just stunning leading to the bridge of the song in the most wonderful way allowing Tenille's to show off her incredible raw and crisp vocal - which I absolutely love. Right Guy, Wrong Time ends with the chorus which ends the song perfectly and I happen to adore this song more than I ever thought I would by the title.

Call You Names starts with a beautiful guitar instrumental which starts the song off in the most beautiful way. The first verse features some extermely honest lyrics to which a lot of them I felt myself being able to relate too because us girls have definitely all been through this with our mums/ mother figures. The chorus is another super honest part of the song to which I felt myself looking back on my childhood growing up and thinking about the things I did in those moments when you don't know what to do or how to felt. The second verse is just like the first in the way of the honest and it's about the stage where you left house and are unsure about what adulthood would/ will take you. The wanting to of apologising is something a lot of people learning will be able to relate too.
The lyrics within Call You Names are incredible and shows off what an incredible song-writer Tenille is. I adore the fact Tenille as written this song Call You Names about personal experience.
Call You Names is one song I will be playing on repeat over the next few months for sure.

Missing You starts with a softer piano instrumental which gives the song a different kind of feel for the album which is just breathtaking. The first verse is one that starts instantly and with Tenille's softer vocal tone giving you a real feel for the song allowing the lyrics to shine through right from the start which gave me goosebumps. The chorus is one part of the song that makes me emotional thanks to the eye opening lyrics, and making me want to sing along with despite not knowing the lyrics. The instrumental gets a little more upbeat and the second verse has a very different kind of feel which I adore. The final verse of Missing You is something that made me a little emotional thanks to Tenille's softer and emotional vocal tone. The lyrics throughout are absolutely gorgeous and ones I caught myself crying along with.

Wouldn't You Like To Know starts with a very electric feel from the instrumental bringing the song to life. The first verse of Wouldn't You Like To Know features some lovely heartfelt lyrics that I catch myself listening too, more than anything else. The chorus is so electric with a party vibe that I happen to absoultely adore and allows the lyrics to shine through and Tenille's vocals to come across wonderful. The second verse of Wouldn't You Like To Know allows the story to come to life even more and showcases Tenille's song-writing wonderfully and you can tell that the lyrics are written right from the heart. Wouldn't You Like To Know has a definite festival feel to the song which is perfect for the summer time which is now upon us. I also happen to love Tenille's vocal range and that the song allows her to change and develop her vocal tones.

Everybody Knows Everybody starts with a funky electric guitar instrumental. The first verse is one verse that demonstrates Tenille's rockier vocals which I love as it compliments the lyrics in the most wonderful way. The lyrics within this verse are ones that run into the chorus is the most fabulous way getting you to sing along with. The chorus is my favourite part of the song as it makes me want to keep up and dance thanks to it's incredible lyrics and with reminding me of my hometown were everyone knows everybody and are also there for each other. Tenille's softer happier vocals make the chorus perfect! The second verse continues the song in such a wonderful way and the lyrics are so raw and honest - a lot of people will be able to relate to them one way or another. This is one song I am very excited about everyone hearing. The instrumental break down in the middle is wonderful.
The final chorus of the song is everything allowing everyone to hear the real Tenille and this whole album shows off who Tenille is as an artist and person.


Love, Heartbreak, & Everything in Between takes you on one hell of a ride but one that is raw, honest and breath-taking. Thank YOU, Tenille for releasing these songs.

You can follow Tenille on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES