ALBUM REVIEW - DUSTIN LYNCH - TULLAHOMA

Tomorrow (Friday 17th January) will see US singer-songwriter, Dustin Lynch release his brand new album, Tullahoma.
Tullahoma is made up of 11 songs.

Momma's House starts with an guitar instrumental which I love giving the listeners a real feel for the album and what's coming. The first verse features a real husky voice from Dustin which I absolutely adore giving you a proper country feel for the song within the first couple of lines. The chorus is one of my favourite parts of the song as it allows the listeners to get a proper feel for the song giving everyone the chance to listen to the songwriter in Dustin. The heartfelt lyrics are ones that got me a little emotional at times. The second verse continues the storytelling within the song in such a wonderful way as it's the part of the song about that time in a relationship where you took your girl/ boy out giving you a real proper feel for the song which I adored. I adored the softer vocal range from Dustin on the final verse has it allowed him to showcase his softer vocals giving the song a little more dynamic to the song - thank you for this wonderful move in the song.

Dirt Road starts with a softer instrumental. The first verse features some heartfelt lyrics right from the start which I loved giving the song such a raw and honest feeling. Hearing Dustin putting his heart of his sleeve within his music is something I love because you can hear the vulnerability in his vocal. The chorus gives us some really wonderful lyrics and one of fun and honesty which you can tell Dustin has clearly done one time or another giving another dynamic to song instantly.
The second verse continues the story within the lyrics in a wonderfully sweet way which you could once again tell Dustin has done at one time or another giving it a proper country boy feel. The lyrics are one of fun and one song I always definitely be having on repeat. The final verse of the song is the chorus which is one amazing move because it allows Dustin to once again show off his softer vocal range.

Thinking 'Bout You (duet with Lauren Alaina) has a very pop country feel right from the off but it's something I absolutely adore. Thinking 'Bout You starts with an wonderfully upbeat guitar instrumental. The first verse is sung by Dustin which he sings in a softer vocal tone allowing the lyrics of the verse to shine through allowing the listeners to paint a picture to the lyrics they are hearing which for me is something I love doing. The story within the song is one I am loving listening too. The chorus brings all the verses together in the most beautiful way giving you a real feel for the song and all the emotions being sung - what an incredible move, Dustin! The lyrics are ones that got me emotional. The second verse is one that Lauren Alaina sings bringing the song to life a little more in the most stunningly beautiful way as you get to hear the lyrics from a woman's point of view of the relationship but lyrics that you could tell Dustin tried to do within the song-writing. Lauren and Dustin singing together on second chorus was one of the most beautiful parts of this song and one I caught myself getting emotional over. The bridge of the song and the final chorus of song ended the song wonderfully thanks to Lauren & Dustin's duet vocals which slid together beautifully.

Ridin' Roads starts with an classic country feeling guitar instrumental which I adore right from the very start. The first verse showcases Dustin's softer vocal tone allowing his song writing to shine through and the lyrics have there moment to shine. The chorus has such a happy country feel which makes me want to sing along despite not knowing the lyrics 100% proves what a catchy song this is. The lyrics are ones of fun and Ridin' Roads is the perfect road trip anthem. The second verse continues the song wonderfully with the softer husky vocal range from Dustin giving the song a little more dynamic and powerfulness which is somethings I adore on songs like this. The instrumental throughout this song makes me smile and showcases so much about Dustin in my opinion. Ridin' Roads ends with a little bridge which breaks the song up beautifully before the song comes to a natural end with the chorus.

Old Country Song starts with an guitar instrumental which takes you quickly into the first verse which I like a lot. The first verse features some wonderfully catchy lyrics and one that you can't help but instantly love because it reminds me of the reason why I love country music. The chorus has the classic country song feel to it which I just adore and it amazes me that Dustin allowed himself to feature the old country feel because it works so well. I caught myself singing along despite not knowing the lyrics and its song like this that I just love a lot. The second verse continues the story-telling wonderfully and continues the old school country feel which is just incredible and one that I can't imagine me playing on a road trip from now on and I am excited. The lyrics are one of pure fun and happiness. The final verse of the song is one of fun, magic and joyfulness before the song ends with the chorus once again allowing the song to end in the most beautiful way. Dustin's vocal range throughout was one that I absolutely adored because he knew exactly when to slow it down, soften it or go a little quicker - the perfect vocal, Dustin.

The World Ain't Yours and Mine starts with an wonderfully happy instrumental which made me smile right from the start thanks to the guitar solo to start. The first verse showcases Dustin's softer lower vocal range thanks to the emotional song-writing that you can't help but listen to very careful. Dustin's songwriting on this verse is just wonderful and one that sets the tone for the song in the most wonderful way. The chorus is one of fun whilst featuring some meaningful lyrics - these lyrics are magically and so heartfelt. The vocal from Dustin on this verse is wonderfully magical.
The second verse continues the story-telling perfectly thanks to the magical lyrics about the next part in our lives of us chasing our dreams whether they are good or bad. The more the song comes on the more I happen to adore the lyrics and continue to believe!

Country Star starts with an guitar echoing instrumental which is of a softer tone. The first verse features some softer vocals from Dustin allowing the lyrics to shine through right from the start giving the audience, a real feel. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics which had me wanting to sing along despite not knowing the lyrics. The rhythm of the song is one that I absolutely love. The lyrics are ones that are super catchy. The second verse continues the song beautifully and the fact that the lyrics allow you paint your own image about the song is something that is amazing on a song like this. The instrumental break down in the middle of the song before the bridge and the final chorus is something that I adore and that got me dancing. The change of style within the song is something I loved and it was needed giving the song so much more energy.

Workin' On You starts with an upbeat drum and guitar instrumental. The first verse is one of much edgy style combined with the lyrics gives the song so much life and supported by the lyrics, I caught myself wanting to get up and dance instantly. The lyrics are ones of honesty and purity. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics giving you a chance to listen to the lyrics clearly whilst being complimented by Dustin's more upbeat vocal range. The second verse of the song continues the story telling within the song in such a fabulous way as you can continue to build your own picture with the lyrics. The final chorus ends this song in a wonderful way and one that worked well. Workin' On You is one song that for me, I think will be a grower.

Little Town Livin' starts with an softer guitar instrumental that I know and love from Dustin's album. The first verse is in a very different style to the rest of his songs on this album but one I am loving the most because it allows the listeners of this album to see a different side of Dustin which I personally think is fantastic. The lyrics are one that are so clear and honest, gives me a real feel for the style of song. The chorus is one that is pure catchy and one I caught myself listening to very clearly and catching myself at times relating too. The second verse continues the song wonderfully with the fabulous lyrics and the catchy vocal range from Dustin is something I absoultely loved throughout. There was something about the final chorus that bought the song together in the most beautiful way allowing the listeners to get a real country feel many the song so magical thanks to Dustin's vocal range.

Red Dirt, Blue Eyes starts with an softer guitar instrumental which Dustin's vocal instantly comes in on. The first verse is one that allows Dustin's softer vocal range to shine through with it's super catchy lyrics that allowed me right from the start to get a real feel for the song, and one I caught myself wanting to sign along too. The chorus features some wonderfully catchy lyrics that allowed the lyrics the opportunity to listen and build up their own idea of the song. I adore the proper old school country lyrics and style - reminds me of the reason why I love country music. The second verse continues the song in a way that I never expected thanks Dustin's vocal range and the tempo of the song its all down to knowing the lyrics inside and out. The chorus supports all parts of this song in the most fabulous way especially the bridge. The fact that this song ends on the chorus ties the song together in one beautiful way - it's one of those songs that takes you full circle.

Good Girl starts with an guitar instrumental like all of Dustin's songs which I happen to like a lot and it's like his signature instrument aha. The first verse is one that is rather catchy and upbeat showcasing a different side of Dustin which I happen to love. The lyrics are one of pure happiness and about love which most of the listeners will be able to relate too. The chorus also features some catchy lyrics which I love a lot and caught myself singing along with whilst being able to go off in a completely different world as I was listening to this song. The second verse continues the storytelling of this song in a beautiful way as it's about the next step in the relationship and realising how lucky you are to have found your person. The bridge features lyrics of the chorus before the song ends with the chorus giving Dustin the opportunity to end his album on a super catchy and happy song.

Thank you for creating one incredible album, Dustin.

You can follow Dustin on his Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY