GIG REVIEW - SARAH WATSON - O2 ACADEMY, ISLINGTON

On Saturday (18th January), I had the opportunity to go to Loud In London Presents at The O2 Academy, Islington and the opening act for the evening was Sarah Watson.

Photo Taken by Me

Sarah started the wonderful evening off with So Damn Done in the most fabulous way with her super rocky, meaningful lyrics which Sarah continued with the next 2 songs - Try Anything and Your Truth along with the catchiness of the lyrics and Sarah's incredible song-writing definitely showed through on Saturday. It amazed me how last night was Sarah's first gig with her full band.
The third song was called Naïve which was written in Nashville and one that showcased her vulnerability as the audience listened. I was absolutely blown away by Sarah's vocals and I caught myself a times with tears in my eyes. My WOW moment of the whole evening.
You Did It is a song about memories you created with that certain person but they are your memories also. You Did It showcased Sarah's vulnerability once again but it was one song I was totally able to relate too having been through the same recently and feeling lost however, after hearing this song - I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. You Did It once again showcased Sarah's amazing song-writing ability.
Electric Blue was the next song which is also set to be her debut single. Sarah's vocals throughout this song were nothing but wonderful and perform in a way which I can only describe as wonderful!
His Girl was one song that showcased Sarah's vulnerability once again but one that also saw her connect with her lyrics in the most wonderful. You could definitely hear how much the lyrics meant to Sarah and the audience were captivated the whole time. His Girl once again also captured the hearts of the audience as everyone was silent and listening to the lyrics of this song (or at least everyone around me was) were I have to admit blew me away in the most beautiful way. You could see/ hear everyone about the performance was showing everyone the artist, Sarah is - this is something I believe in!
I Don't Think So was one of those songs that definitely grew on me the more, I got into the song. The lyrics were so relatable at times and the chorus was the part of the song, I loved the most!
On Your Grave was the song Sarah chose to end her set with which for me was an incredible choice because it allowed Sarah to show off her sassy side and rocky attitude which was wonderful to witness. On Your Grave is a Dixie Chicks style of song but one that shows who Sarah is an artist in the most unique way.

Sarah Watson is one extremely talented young lady with a bright future ahead!

You can follow Sarah on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY