ALBUM REVIEW - ELERI - THE CARNIVAL

Today (Friday 13th October) will see Swansea based artist singer-songwriter, Eleri releases her latest album, The Carnival.
The Carnival is made up of 13 tracks. 

Magic opens Eleri debut album wonderfully with a live feel to this album right from the very beginning which is rather special and very Eleri. The lyrics throughout Magic are beautiful and filled with such positivity, love, and appreciation for the lessons learnt. The second verse is upbeat featuring some rather special moments allowing for the Eleri, I know and love shine through right from the very start of her debut album. Eleri is one brilliant singer-songwriter with her wonderful cool tone complimenting this throughout.

Heels To Hell has a very sentimental feel featuring a different kind of style from Eleri that is based on a personal experience of hurt as well as a lesson learnt. The chorus is the part of the song that personally got me a little emotional as I felt myself relating to parts of the lyrics being shared. The power of the chorus linking the verses together is beautifully thought about allowing for some beautiful moments to be shared. The softer vocal tones throughout from Eleri are brilliantly chosen. Eleri isn't afraid to wear her heart on her sleeve when it comes to sharing her personal experience and lessons learnt.

Heads I'm Yours begins with a beautifully soft instrumental which sees Eleri's soft vocal tone open the song with her heartfelt lyrics right from the start. The lyrics seem rather personal from the first verse and rather emotive within the chorus that features some brilliant lyrics about that relationship that you have always dreamed off. The second verse features many lyrics about that moment when you get into the room with that person and looking to the future whilst also remaining very tight guarded to the situation/ relationship that you can see yourself in. Eleri's vocal tones are wonderfully selected throughout as you can hear many different side of her as an artist.

Good For A Girl has a strong instrumental to begin which compliments the song brilliantly throughout. The first verses sees Eleri 's crisp vocal that compliment many heartfelt lyrics that lead into a wonderfully powerful lyrics that many females will be able to relate with whether they are through their personal lives or work lives with the self-doubt and struggles many of us females face daily. The chorus is fantastically thought about and the more you hear it the more, I heard it especially the second time making me emotional thanks to the powerful lyrics. The second verse sees Eadyth 's crisp vocal adding vulnerability to the song and its meaning as it highlights many more troubles as a females face regularly. I loved the echos ahead of the final verse allowing for many softer vocal tones as the softer tones give another chance of the song to shine as it highlights a lot of honest experiences. WOW, Eleri and Eadyth teaming up for a song like this is special. There is something about this songs catchy lyrics that make it what Good For A Girl is!


Blue Skies has a guitar instrumental with a very autumnal feel to the songs lyrics in the first verse that have taken me by surprise considering the song title, I won't lie. The chorus connects all the verses together wonderfully as you can hear how 'blue skies' represent all the good things that are coming and that the opening verse is representing those dark moments you maybe going through. The second verse is the emotional part of the song that honestly saw tears in my eyes. Eleri's crisp vocal tone throughout is beautiful.

Live Wire has old style love story kind of feel which I really like as it's very different from Eleri's normal kind of release - as a proper festival vibe with the instrumental. There is something so captivating about the songs lyrics and melody that keeps you hooked throughout. I love Eleri's attention to detail within her vocal tone especially with the softer crisp moments showing what a great songwriter she is! There is also something that shout out about being a great road trip song. As Live Wire continues the difference in the artistry from Eleri after the past few releases, the old school feel is fantastic and I am so proud of Eleri for this change. The storytelling of a love story and the hard times you go do to make the relationship work.

Karaoke has an upbeat instrumental setting the tone beautifully. The first verses sees Eleri's soft vocal at the forefront with lyrics that get you thinking of those moments at a gig that you don't think you'll ever get to see takes me back to experiencing Priscilla Block with Eleri last year, oh the memories. The second verse sees the song take another turn of when you feel like things aren't working out but you are determined to learn from the lesson it's given you. The chorus features many catchy upbeat lyrics that I could myself singing along with despite not knowing the lyrics 100% typical Kellie. There is so much passion within the lyrics and the more you hear the lyrics the more appreciation I gain. Love the summer of '69 line. I love this Summer feeling song.

Snake Like You featuring Millie Blooms begins with a guitar instrumental. The first verse sees Eleri's soft vocal joined by Millie which is brilliant throughout especially as the song continues to grow and develop. The harmonies are great and compliment each others tone wonderfully with the lyrics being sung from the heart. The chorus is my favourite part of the song as it brings all verses together wonderfully with catchy lyrics. The crisp vocal from both Eleri and Millie as the song ends is brilliantly timed.

When We Collide begins with an upbeat instrumental that I have to say I love as it was unexpected. The first verse sees Eleri's crisp vocal demonstrated which is beautifully showcased throughout with the beautiful storytelling that takes you on this magical journey that I really enjoyed especially in verse two. The chorus features lyrics filled with a little heartache as it saddened me a little thinking about all the moments we clash with different people in our lives.

Burn The Candle Down featuring Leon Stanford begins with a soft guitar instrumental breaking this album up wonderfully with the first verses featuring Eleri's crisp vocal allowing for her beautiful storytelling to shine through throughout all three verses featuring some great honest lyrics filled. The second verse is when Leon's crisp tone comes in and sees Eleri and Leon's harmonise beautifully adding a brilliant layer to the song.

Calling It begins with an electric instrumental that I wasn't expecting, however the more the song progressed the more I began to enjoy it. The verses are filled with storytelling that I wasn't expecting allowing for this shock factor that I really appreciated as the song grew. The chorus remembered me of the songs I grew up with in the 2000's which I loved - those childhood memories that you can't forgot. Loving all the relationship songs takings us in many different directions.

Bang Bang featuring Paige Wolfe begins with an upbeat instrumental. The first verse features Eleri's crisp vocal something that I love to hear from Eleri as it shows another side of who she is as an artist in my opinion, however, Paige's vocal tones compliment Eleri's style so well throughout. The chorus is filled with great storytelling, and the part of the song that I caught myself listening to carefully as did I for the second verse.

Every Road is my favourite unreleased song on this album, it's so beautiful and memorising thanks to its softer instrumental. The first verses sees Eleri's soft crisp vocal that take you a journey right from the start - I caught myself really appreciating the lyrics! The chorus features many catchy lyrics filled with brilliant harmonies. I adore the love story kind of feeling that continues within the second verse that saw me in tears.  There is something so beautifully stunning about these kind of stories from Eleri that just hook me in especially with the hometown mentions. WOW!!
Eleri, this song made me think of our friendship and how grateful I am for you, and how you have trusted me for a few years ago.

You can follow Eleri on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY