SINGLE REVIEW - TIGIRLILY GOLD - HOMETOWN SONG

Today (Friday 5th May) will see Tigirlily Gold made up of sisters, Kendra and Krista release their brand new single, Hometown Song ahead of their EP release next month.

Photo taken by me at C2C 2023

Hometown Song begins with guitar instrumental which brilliantly compliments the song poignant message.
The first verse has some lyrics that instantly get you thinking and many times I caught myself relating with them about my hometown - knowing everything about it expect for that feeling that you can't quite put your finger on. The emotion I felt towards the end of the verse as the final few lines kicked in, I caught myself with tears in my eyes.
The chorus is about the moment you finally get out, but you can't move on as it's your safe place and change can be rather hard for so many of us! However, the more I hear it during Hometown Song the more emotional, I become especially as I heard it for the second time, I broke down.
The second verse continues about the stage of when you have just moved into a brand new place, and are struggling to find your feet after leaving somewhere where you have got to know really well, but when you also know that you need to leave to grow is even harder.
The instrumental solo towards the end was wonderfully timed, and Krista on solo lead for a few of the bridge was fantastic to hear. Krista and Kendra's vocal harmonies are fantastically showcased throughout beautifully.
The final chorus hits very differently for sure.

You can follow Tigirlily Gold on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY