INTERVIEW WITH ERIN KINSEY ABOUT HER BRAND NEW EP, BET MY HEART OUT FRIDAY

This Friday (19th May) sees singer-songwriter, Erin Kinsey release her brand new EP, Bet My Heart, and ahead of it's release I was able to catch up with her and spoke with her about what we can expect from the new project.

You can read my review of Bet My Heart here.

Hello Erin. How are you today?
Hi! I'm doing so well, it's a beautiful day here in Nashville!

How are you feeling about everyone hearing Bet My Heart?
I'm so excited for this EP to be out in the world! It shares so much of my heart that I've never been bold enough to share, and I also was able to work with so many writers, producers, players, and people I've dreamed about working with since before I moved to town.


What made you decide on the name Bet My Heart for the album?
"Bet My Heart" is the title of one of the tracks on the project. Originally I didn't love the idea of naming the project one of the song titles because quite honestly, it felt like a "cop out", haha. But, the more I thought of it, it really represented the project better than any other title could. The songs are all the results of me "betting my heart" all the way on love, life, and my dreams. So now, I'm really liking the title!

Bet My Heart is made up of 7 songs, what made you decide on those songs?
All of these songs in their own ways represent me and the last year of my life since "40 East", my first EP. I've been lucky enough to write a bunch of songs I've been excited about over the last year, so narrowing it down to this project wasn't easy. But between my team, trying to balance out the project and give a little something for whatever someone is going through, and keeping my favorites, I think we have a pretty well-rounded 7 songs!

Erin, could you please explain a little about them?
Boys In Boots: This was one of the first singles off the EP! It's a fun summer song I wrote last year and one of my absolute favorite songs to perform live. This one actually had a little trend on TikTok as well which was so much fun to see girls take the song and make it their own! When I write music, I always hope people can take the words I wrote about my story and insert their own stories, so to be able to see it firsthand was so special.

Stayed A Summer: This is one of those songs that probably sounds a lot happier than it really is haha. The general idea is just about making a relationship more than what it was meant to be. Something that could have been a fun summer fling, but instead turned into an unhealthy serious relationship. But- the music and nostalgic feeling of "what could have been" made it a song I'm really proud of and can't wait to get out to the world.

Little More Cowboy: This is the other song that is dropping with the project. It's a little bit of a different feel than the others, but I've always loved listening to "western" style country music, so it was cool to not only get to write a version of it for myself but also get to release it. I also am getting to play this song on the Grand Ole Opry stage before it is out, and that is always just beyond special.

Bet My Heart: Title track! This song has quickly become another one that I love to play live, and even listen to in my own car haha. I usually am not a fan of listening to my own music because I'll start thinking of what we could have done differently or second-guessing things, but for some reason, this one just reminds me of summer. If "Sunny and 75" was a song of mine, it would no doubt be this one. It also represents and brings the whole project together talking mentioning "Tecovas" from "Boys in Boots", and "Vegas" which is another song on the project, but more than anything it states my greatest flaw and blessing- not being able to go half way on anything haha.

Always Never: This is by far the most vulnerable song on the EP. It's one I wrote while I was feeling every word and every emotion I was writing, and one I thought I was just writing for me. I never could have imagined the number of people it would touch and help heal. It's one I'm incredibly proud of, from how honest I was in it, the way we wrote and produced it, and the people I was lucky enough to work on it with me. I wrote it with Sarah Buxton and Josh Kerr, and it was just the perfect alignment of the right place and time. Vegas- Vegas is one of the most fun and almost silly songs on the EP. It's also one of the only ones I didn't write within the last year, and I actually released it last fall, but it just made sense for it to be on this project. It's been amazing to hear the stories of people actually going and getting married in Vegas, and having this song a part of their big day, or even inspiring them to go for it!

Handful (Acoustic) This song was a definite last-second edition, hence the acoustic version haha. I released this back in February as part of a double release for Valentine's Day, and it has been amazing watching this song take a life of its own. It is so much fun to play this one live and watch girls laugh with their friends or boyfriends about being a little bit of a "handful". Hopefully, it's one that doesn't have to stay an acoustic version for too much longer.

Thank you so much for your time Erin - it has been an absolute honour. Hope we do it again.

You can follow Erin on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY