GIG REVIEW - THE SHIRES - THE ACOUSTIC TOUR AT THE THE STABLES IN MILTON KEYNES

There is something so special and unique about a The Shires at their hometown show at The Stables in Milton Keynes last night (24th January - my first gig after 2 years!)... A show I have been able to experience EVERY SINGLE time they have performed here - there is something so special about this show every time it's like it's my first time seeing them despite starting the journey with them in 2013 before they were big in this country music industry.

You have to love a gig where no photos can be taken makes it even more special for everyone going.

*I won't share the full set list as I know many of you are going later this week*

The evening started with Kezia Gill, a fellow British singer-songwriter who I have been a fan of for the past few years. Kezia performed a few of her original songs including Local Man's Star about her father which had me feeling emotional, along with a song about your thirties which I have to say I loved as well as Wings which is a song that inspires me to leave life to the full especially after lockdown and I'm Here - a song about our mental health and how talking about this makes us stronger.

The cheer that The Shires got as they arrived on The Stables stage, my god did we know we were in for a special treat! The Shires offered us fans the perfect mix of new and old with a little mix of unreleased music thrown in there for good measure.
The song that opened the evening was World Without You were saw some amazing vocals from Crissie and Ben, but the one song that I wasn't to get emotional over was The Hard Way thanks to the beautiful heartfelt lyrics mixed with the acoustics were insane.
A standout performance for me was Daddy's Little Girl as every single time, I hear it I am even more amazed by Crissie's insanely vocal delivery and like Ben said I don't know how Crissie does this song every single evening so beautifully.

The stories that Crissie and Ben told us throughout the evening were amazing, and you could really hear how much they have grown as artists since the very beginning - hearing Black and White took me right back, and my god what an emotional moment that was for me! Friday Night had the audience up on their feet as did Tonight which was amazing to see as the energy was electric.

The acoustic within The Stables were amazing, and mixed with the stunning vocals from Crissie and Ben left us audience members wanting more - I think the moment that Crissie and Ben left the stage this was proven by the energy in the room. The moment they returned was amazing, Ben's comment had a lot of people smiling.

The encore featured a brand new song, a classic which saw the room listening very closely, and an upbeat one that had the audience on their feet and participating in with A Thousand Hallelujahs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY